Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've heard this for 18 months now. Do we have anything concrete? Semi-concrete?
X account (Bill Wright). Person who I and others believe works for Tesla energy, responded to someone's few weeks old post a few days ago. No timeline given, but it makes sense to offer a discount on current version if an updated powerwall is soon available.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230811-205352.png
    Screenshot_20230811-205352.png
    492.5 KB · Views: 140
If you are a glutton for punishment the video behind the spoiler tag is titled "Tesla won the plug war - and that's good news!" on a youtube channel called "Technology Connections"

But the guy that does the video has always been a more than a little bit anti tesla (not full on hater, but clearly on the negative tilt).

it's been a ride watching him over the years say the NACS plug should go away over and over again.

Then switching to OK someone else is using it but he still thought it was a mistake and should go away.

Then switching to OK multiple people are using it, but I don't like it, even though it's not a mistake.

Now he says it's even good idea and the connector was better all along but then complains about almost every thing that is Tesla specific.

It's a weird position because in some points of every video he does he'll give a technically accurate overview of some portion and then diverge to his personal opinions, go back to some other technically accurate statement and then diverge to his opinions. If you cut his personal opinion out it'd cut the video in half and would be a decently good presentation of the facts. If he had some oversight that held him in check and didn't let him go off track he could build a better channel.

He does have 2M subscribers so it's good he's come around somewhat on the NACS situation, but he still pushes an anti tesla undercurrent and calls people "Tesla Stans" even in this video.

Screenshot just in case it changes/gets removed.

View attachment 964137

His was one of the channels I loved, but his stance on Tesla made me question how much of the other videos in which he is a self proclaimed expert on the subject are also totally wrong, specially the ones you know nothing about it and just take it for granted

Such a shame so many channels go down this way the more you watch, him, Wendover Productions, Real Engineering and I few others I can't remember right now, all went on my block list a while ago

Hybrids also have a lot more working parts, which is win-win for labor and for dealers.
My guess is that all the legacy car companies are worried about future increases in MPG being mandated by various government jurisdictions. I took Farley's comment to mean Ford that will probably be making very few ICE vehicles, as PHEVs replace ICE models in the Ford lineup

His was one of the channels I loved, but his stance on Tesla made me question how much of the other videos in which he is a self proclaimed expert on the subject are also totally wrong, specially the ones you know nothing about it and just take it for granted

Such a shame so many channels go down this way the more you watch, him, Wendover Productions, Real Engineering and I few others I can't remember right now, all went on my block list a while ago
One does wonder if those channels were paid to write anti Tesla stuff. For instance, it appears to me that even the venerable Veritasium was paid to positively promote some products in a few of his videos. Gotta be tempting when money comes knocking.

As Tim Dillon made his 12th appearance (highest by any individual) on Joe Rogan Experience, it is appropriate to re-watch this masterpiece of a rant 😂

Warning: NSFW & for those without a sense of humour

It's true and BAF when you get a product you love so much that you want to tell everyone about it... and yeah, Tesla owners talking about the share price, also true, because again, the product is so good that you want to get involved and you buy some stock

I've never known any other company like it, Apple to a certain degree, but nowhere near the same level of enthusiasm

There's a lot electric cars here in Iceland (any others here from Iceland besides long-lost Karen Rei?). Many Polaris, some VWs, Leaf, Ioniq, even a PHEV Jeep Wrangler!

When I walked up to the Hertz lot, there were 8 bright white Model Y's ready to go. Mine even has FSD! I neglected to get a picture, but maybe more impressive, here are 4 Tesla's at a stop light in Reykjavik. That's more than I've ever seen congregated in Canada or US.

Off we go!

PXL_20230811_095429759.jpg

PXL_20230811_155605963~2.jpg

One does wonder if those channels were paid to write anti Tesla stuff. For instance, it appears to me that even the venerable Veritasium was paid to positively promote some products in a few of his videos. Gotta be tempting when money comes knocking.

I would find that less worse than just being anti something for random reasons

But imagine, someone offer you a lot of money for little work and something that while a bit imoral isn’t (totally?) ilegal

You do the math how much TSLA you could buy with it, and it starts to itch 😁

There's a lot electric cars here in Iceland (any others here from Iceland besides long-lost Karen Rei?). Many Polaris, some VWs, Leaf, Ioniq, even a PHEV Jeep Wrangler!

When I walked up to the Hertz lot, there were 8 bright white Model Y's ready to go. Mine even has FSD! I neglected to get a picture, but maybe more impressive, here are 4 Tesla's at a stop light in Reykjavik. That's more than I've ever seen congregated in Canada or US.

Off we go!

View attachment 964234
View attachment 964235
What the heck? I just came back from a trip to Ottawa, Canada, the nation’s capital, and they had zero Tesla rental options at the airport. And here you tell me that Reykjavik has 8 of them!

This is not a reply to previous post
I received this article this article from a friend & former stock broker about China fraud. I'm not savy enough to determine if it's BS but I'm sure someone here is.
Does it involve parking unsold cars in empty parking lots to count as a sales unit or does it involve mud pits with no construction scheduled? Or something else? It has to be true if the article was sent to you from a friend and former stock broker. 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴

tl;dr on the video--

It's about "fake" EV sales from Chinese-based companies where they just sit in fields rotting because....somehow...that's worth doing for govt subsidies and investors. Then some bits about bicycles. Then some bits about how mining for EVs is bad.

NOTE: Tesla is not even mentioned, at all, apart from one line about how the companies he IS talking about are trying to put up sales numbers that don't look as bad compared to Teslas.

Very objective video by Autoline going over first half performance by major auto manufacturers. We can quibble about the point system used at the end to determine the rankings, but used numbers strictly, taking out any subjective conclusions.

TBH, I expected Tesla to do better than it did on some of the per-vehicle metrics such as revenue per vehicle, gross margin per vehicle and operating income per vehicle. I recall the 2022 report card had Tesla much higher on the list. The price cuts had a substantial impact on the per vehicle metrics.

My conclusion is Tesla has so much growth ahead and it's going to be fun watching Tesla continue to climb up this list. All of those big numbers by legacy OEMs are going to drop precipitously over the next 5 years.

Tying it to the investment thread, I wish there was a practical way of betting on the long term demise of all of these companies. All strategies involve using substantial capital, capital that I've decided is better put towards TSLA.