Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would anyone heavily invested or all-in TSLA bother having a financial advisor? I don't know Andrea James of course but she strikes me as someone who knows a lot more than any "financial advisor" whose main job is to influence people to diversify. Looking back, if I had asked anyone other than myself and TMC for advice, I would be orders of magnitude worse off than I am now.

@Paracelsus don’t worry I decided to take the baton and went for a 6 mile interval run.

Did anything happen in the meantime?

Ha! Actually it did............ I cannot tell a lie, I actually sold a few shares today just before close after holding out the last few weeks from the mid $700's to do so. What a great day! We had helped my brother get a 25 kW ground mount solar system + storage, and we bought my daughter a Model Y recently and needed to make some payments on both of those. The good news is that with this run-up I sold stock that we bought in 2013 for about $3,000 this afternoon for $103,000 today. Ridiculous isn't it? $100,000 gain on that $3,000 investment. But that is how TSLA Math works, as many have already pointed out. Yes it would have been worth much more down the road, but my brother's solar system has already saved 14,355 lbs of CO2 emissions............the same as planting about 108 trees, and my daughter will soon be driving a model Y. I won't live forever, and I do want to plant the trees now under which shade I may never be able to sit - as the ancient Greek saying goes. Besides, I said those were 'some' of the shares we bought in 2013. And those shares are like Queens in the card deck in the movie Rain Man................ "There's lot's of them". Enough in fact that we will be adding an extra scholarship for an Environmental Studies degree for our local high school from our TSLA funded 501C3 we started this year this coming spring if this holds (we were able to give 2 scholarships from that 501C3 this spring already. Thanks Elon & Team!).

Last edited:
Thought this would be appropriate for today's SP action:

View attachment 725715
I was at the movie theater with the kids today watching Dune. There was a scene they get into a desert storm, during that scene, people kept texting me about TSLA going to Arrakis‘ moon. I had also as much trouble as my kids following the movie plot because they speak English as fluent as their mother and my cell phone was vibrating more than some women favourite toy. I never found out what happened to the shorts after so much sandblasting in the worst desert storm they have ever witnessed.

congratz to everyone for all your patience leading to that incredible day.

thanks for all the good wishes the other day, my wife told me today my dad pulled the stock with him while climbing to heaven. I like to think of that and will dedicate him that beautiful day.

1635195736875.png
opp

Your Model Y
View Build Details

Close

Your Model Y build details​

If you would like to make a change it may affect your delivery date and may be subject to a fee.

Price$68,990
(Excludes tax, registration, discounts and fees)
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

True.
But as Hemmingway said, a man can only know as much as he can believe.

Congrats to TSLA longs for always believing, even when few others could.
His tweet is bullish sign, if Elon thinks it’s strange that this order moves the market (as we all know those 100K cars would be sold anyway), it means Tesla might not even be giving any discount to Hertz so no margin hit

Okay, so this morning I bought a car for a friend who is down on her luck and whose vehicle was slowly dying and bleeding her dry. Also increased my monthly donation to my favorite charity by by 60%. Then TSLA! Ain't karma a wonderful thing. You're all welcome.

And did we ever decide if Teslanaire meant you had made over a $ million on TSLA lifetime, or in one day? Asking for a friend :D