Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we're making a run for $1000 :cool:. Next milestone: 1 Trillion market cap?

I think they're going to have to add some new incentives to Elon comp package soon. Remember how "everybody" laughed when it was presented in 2018? Well, they're not laughing now...

tesla-ceo-performance-award-e1516705057527.jpg

All the market cap milestones have been/will be met with good margin. He's on the second tranch with regard to revenue (almost) and at the third tranch with regard to EBITDA. And this plan is a 10-year plan, looking out to 2028.

To better realize the movement convert it to Money. How much Money traded hands?

NASDAQ now provides no data for the the Pre-market (used to start data at 8:00 ET). During the main session, you can find the data here with a ~15 min delay:

TSLA Advanced Charting | Nasdaq

(You have to go into the button on the top-right and 'EXPORT' the data to xls).

Cheers!

I suspect Hertz wont' buy FSD. They'll set it up as an add-on cost for the customer using FSD subscriptions
Tesla could make a special 1 day subscription option for FSD for rental cars. It would be an interesting option. If I’m in a weird city, having FSD would be a lot more appealing. Pay $100/ day for the rental and an extra $10-$15/ day for FSD.

I think we're making a run for $1000 :cool:. Next milestone: 1 Trillion market cap?

I think they're going to have to add some new incentives to Elon comp package soon. Remember how "everybody" laughed when it was presented in 2018? Well, they're not laughing now...

tesla-ceo-performance-award-e1516705057527.jpg

All the market cap milestones have been/will be met with good margin. He's on the second tranch with regard to revenue (almost) and at the third tranch with regard to EBITDA. And this plan is a 10-year plan, looking out to 2028.

It hit $1T market cap on the intraday already...price is somewhere around $996.xx a share.

Ok everyone I just sold, I’m out. Thank you very much Elon. I would say I’m wishing you all the best but of course I’m not. I would love for the price to crater so I could buy back in :)
Fair. I won't fault you for balancing profit & risk. We've all made a lot of money - enjoy your retirement, @Radish11!!

But you answered my question: who the heck is selling at the moment?!?

giphy.gif

I must admit I cashed out a small portion of my TSLA today, just a few percent, but enough to get back all the money I have invested in the first place.
Now, effectively, the rest of my TSLA has a cost base of 0*, so no risk to HODL them. No matter what happens from now on, I can't lose money on TSLA.
(so I do not care how you guys define Teslanaire anymore, all my shares are pure profit :p )

* I know that's not how it works officially, but in my portfolio that's what it means practically.

Note: If we go back to fill that gap between 910-950, I may feel obliged to buy back those shares, though...

Last edited:
Well… this was stupid. Had some cash and was Selling puts against it for income and lost a bunch of potential income over the past week. Did well on those puts, but that stung.

Just paid too much to just own and I’ll play with options outside my IRA.

Those of you cashing in at the ATH can thank me later.

Hi @nativewolf

I read what you write and think about it.
I used to strongly agree with you, and if you look at my posts you will see mostly tempering, even-ing and a sigh of relief as there is now a chance at retirement where before there was not.

Crowing may be (is) crass and I try to make it off brand for me, but data supports that it actually helps the mission.

Let’s safely replace crowing with taunting.

Elon is on mission… and he taunts. [don’t kid yourself. Everything he does is deliberate].

If you read the Porter paper on the competitive advantage of nations, rivalry and taunting were found across most nation/industries studied. [This paper is what started to change my mind. ]

If you think about SEC football. Steve Spurrier taunting was a part of making it competitive during the heyday.

Taunting engages attention and focuses extra effort on the part of society. Even those being taunted.

Yes, anyone born into a happenstance of bad management suffers. Someone crushed the EV1. The technology transition could have been smoother or more controlled. Greed took that option off the table.

When I listen to the expressions of the people here, there is celebration of the steadfastness that helped capitalize the transition.

When I read through the Porter lens, taunting may be the fastest and kindest path to recovery. Highest percentage recovered, etc.

Please take a look and share your thoughts.

There is a section in there on (re) skilling the work force by creating a visible market for developed skills. Taunting helps make that market visible, which motivates training investment.

This is an old paper. Not just stuff made up to argue on the internet. The goal here is to help displaced people transition. That paper is the most researched, credible and closely aligned work that I know about to do that.
I appreciate the long and thoughtful reply. I taught Porter to undergrads back in the day. Quite appreciate him and I am glad you are enjoying but it is understood that the CAN is flawed, elision and conflation somewhat flawed due to approaching things from just an American perspective. I believe the Art of War is more of a classic, compilations from hundreds of years of struggle. Lots to think about in the Art of War and I feel that is a much better reflection of Elon Musks strategy than anything else. One thing Elon does not do...is brag about having 10 mansions and being worth 500 billion dollars. In fact the opposite, which is what appeals.