Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging with a trailer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems to me that the very least that Tesla could do would be to provide ready information about which sites have nose in stalls, so that we can make use of those that do.
The problem that I see is that even if every Supercharger site had a few trailer-friendly stalls they would be used by drivers who weren’t towing no matter what signage was posted especially if the site was busy.

To me the reality is that if you are towing you are almost always going to have to unhitch to charge. I’ve been doing it for years. It’s inconvenient to be sure but I find it only adds a total of about 5 minutes to my total charging time.

Reactions: ohmman
To me the reality is that if you are towing you are almost always going to have to unhitch to charge. I’ve been doing it for years. It’s inconvenient to be sure but I find it only adds a total of about 5 minutes to my total charging time.
The better (but not best) solution is for a front-charge port tow vehicle. Doesn't work in all situations but is a lot better than backing in.

Agree it's not a huge deal but is mildly inconvenient. If I towed in inclement weather I'd find it extremely off putting.