Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speaker heads Unite

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,
Im entertaining Alpines Speaker set up. Tesla Model 3 Sound System
Im curious if any of yall are running this set up currently?
Also curious if this would fit on a 23 BASE RWD model as there is no factory sub with the base package.
The price seems a bit high so I'm also curious what you guys have put together on your own?
Model 3.jpg
Alpine speaker kit model 3 .png

This is the model number For The RWD PSS-TSLA-223. I received the kit this weekend but because of rain I won't be till Saturday until its all in.
The harness is what sold me on the kit. I didn't want to cut and splice wires on a car still under warranty.
I did slip the sub in between showers,

Attachments

• PXL_20240429_003630302.jpg
    PXL_20240429_003630302.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 4
I was going to get a RWD but a cheap high mileage older model AWD came up that I grabbed.
I'm so glad I went with it because the sound system is absolutely incredible, I had under-estimated the difference a sub and full speaker array makes.
I hope you get the same level of sound and enjoyment from your setup!
PS Your postbox needs an orange wrap too :p .

Hey Guys,
Im entertaining Alpines Speaker set up. Tesla Model 3 Sound System
Im curious if any of yall are running this set up currently?
Also curious if this would fit on a 23 BASE RWD model as there is no factory sub with the base package.
The price seems a bit high so I'm also curious what you guys have put together on your own? View attachment 1042704View attachment 1042705
Looks like the base model is what it is designed for. The sub seems to be designed for the factory location, which you have its just empty. The wire harness connects to the factory amp and sends the signal to the DSP then on to the speakers that are hooked up on the base model. For the inactive tweeters you'll tap into connections along the door. It is a PITA to do it from scratch like I did, but for me $3K seems a steep price to pay for convenience. There are speaker adaptors available, or for that price you could buy yourself a cheap 3D printer and make your own.

With this system you'd be going down a size in the front doors. 6.5" speakers when you can install 8", which is my preference for the midbass. The sub enclosure is small for a 10" so probably is punchy rather than boomy. Also the amp only provides 200W to the sub. I'm sure it will sound fantastic and be a huge upgrade, but if you are willing to do your own wiring and tune a DSP you can get much more for the money. Money aside, I'd be happy with the convenience but I don't think I'd be satisfied with the bass, I'd want more low end and more power.

• Informative
Reactions: Foxsbiscuits