Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar installation shutting down in certain markets.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already have solar, so I expect everything will be on when they leave.
I could be wrong but 30% is next year isn’t it!?
In Sept 2022 they made it active for 2022 as well (not sure if it was retroactive for the entire year, but I think it was), through I think now 2034.. so no reason not to do it.

Energy STORAGE (aka batteries and a few other) don’t quality as easily for the 30% until AFTER 12/31/2022.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Bill,

How did you receive your refund (credit back to card, check, etc.)? I'm in Sussex county with the same timeline and haven't heard a thing on the refund but got the cancellation emails in July after being fully permitted for a second system. I have no idea of who to contact if the refund doesn't show up...

Thanks,
Chris
Chris,
I received the refund as credit added to the credit card used to initially place the deposit. If you have not heard anything yet, you can contact Tesla by drilling down in their menu to start a chat. Once this is started you should be prepared to provide the date of deposit and date of cancellation. Press them for timing of the refund. This should work. Good luck!

Best Regards,
Bill

In Sept 2022 they made it active for 2022 as well (not sure if it was retroactive for the entire year, but I think it was), through I think now 2034.. so no reason not to do it.

Energy STORAGE (aka batteries and a few other) don’t quality as easily for the 30% until AFTER 12/31/2022.
It was solar, but batteries were considered a solar product if included with solar. So I suspect that that is unchanged. But glad to get 30% tax credit for 2022.
2023 batteries qualify by them self I believe.