Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SoCal SCE power outages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Az_Rael

Supporting Member
Jan 26, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Just found out I am on one of the maps for the possible SCE outage during the upcoming wind event.

Just switched my powerwalls over to backup mode, they are charging up now. Wish I had known about this earlier, could have turned off my AC before leaving for work in anticipation to reduce the drain rate. Ah well.

Overall, I am interested in seeing how the system performs in a real life use case should we get power shut off.

Previously I have gotten text messages from SCE when I was in a zone, but this time I haven't seen any, so only found out when I checked the website maps. Too bad storm watch isnt tied to this.

Just found out I am on one of the maps for the possible SCE outage during the upcoming wind event.

Just switched my powerwalls over to backup mode, they are charging up now. Wish I had known about this earlier, could have turned off my AC before leaving for work in anticipation to reduce the drain rate. Ah well.

Overall, I am interested in seeing how the system performs in a real life use case should we get power shut off.

Previously I have gotten text messages from SCE when I was in a zone, but this time I haven't seen any, so only found out when I checked the website maps. Too bad storm watch isnt tied to this.
Storm Watch should keep your PWs charged as if you're in backup mode.

I have to keep turning off SW here in order to drain/charge my PWs off solar.

Storm Watch should keep your PWs charged as if you're in backup mode.

I have to keep turning off SW here in order to drain/charge my PWs off solar.

Right, but these potential outages aren't part of storm watch. So I had to manually switch to backup mode. Not sure where the storm watch data comes from, but it wasn't catching this event at my house.

Power is out over the hill from us now, will see what other areas SCE powers down tonight.