Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing Revealed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Rivian has two rear facing cameras. one in the tailgate and another HD above the rear window. Never an issue seeing no mater what is in the bed, status of auto tonneau or tailgate position. It's criminal to offer a product today that struggles to allow the driver to see clearly, in all use cases for the vehicle.
Wait. I test drove an RT1 and the cameras suck. My wife was like, this is 20 year tech, what the heck is going on?

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
True, compared to Tesla newest cameras, Rivian HW sucks
Google search revealed this Rivian bed camera view. Looking forward to comparing it to the Cybertruck bed camera resolution/view. Yeah, the camera quality here really sucks, doesn’t it?! 🤣

IMG_9952.png

True, compared to Tesla newest cameras, Rivian HW sucks
It’s true. Plus this might be weird but While sitting in the drivers seat, with polarized glasses on, Rivian’s screen was blurry. That doesn’t happen in my Tesla, so whats up with that?

the camera quality of the Rivian is noticeably poor and this shocked me because after all those years of planning and developing the car, they choose shitty cameras.

It’s true. Plus this might be weird but While sitting in the drivers seat, with polarized glasses on, Rivian’s screen was blurry. That doesn’t happen in my Tesla, so whats up with that?

the camera quality of the Rivian is noticeably poor and this shocked me because after all those years of planning and developing the car, they choose shitty cameras.
Not sure I can agree - Having both the Rivian and the 2021 Plaid, I much prefer the Rivian cameras and presentation on the UI to the yellowed out poor resolution Plaid ones (and Rivian even offer a front bumper cam that Tesla does not - until the CT).

Sure, my Plaid is a 2021, and the Rivian has already been out for nearly 3 years, so I'm not sure what cameras Tesla is delivering today. In any case, "To Each"...

No vehicle is perfect. Rest of the truck outweighs the camera poor resolution.

Teslas early success is due to Tesla having great engineers and leadership (below Elon). Teslas faltering (which I would estimate is going on about 5 years now) are the result of his thinking his own farts smell like roses and forcing his ideas as company directives regardless of any advice he would receive.

With Twitter it’s well known he fired any talent that dared question the merit of any of his directives.
I’ll add that Tesla’s early success was largely due to the exceptional engineers and team that started Tesla before Elon came onboard. Elon was an investor that came onboard, not an engineer, designer, or technical innovator.

I’ll add that Tesla’s early success was largely due to the exceptional engineers and team that started Tesla before Elon came onboard. Elon was an investor that came onboard, not an engineer, designer, or technical innovator.
And since then it’s been going downhill fast.
service sucks
over the air updates murdered my car
door handles
stocks
drivers screen
steering wheel
seat adjusters
missing charge cables
FSD
Summons

etc

No I’m not, I, stating the truth. The Rivian tech sucks and you know it. Heck, my wife who doesn’t even know about cars and she noticed it right away. it doesn’t take a car guy to notice when something is wrong.
I disagree on the Rivian tech comment. Sure, when it first released, it had issues. Not sure when you last tried one, but we get huge tech updates, new features, improved camera resolution, improved Driver+, and more - every four weeks like clockwork.
What we don't get is farts, games, screaming goats and completely F'd up for years features - that have been in "Beta" status for many years (FSD, summon, Smart Summon, Auto Wipers, ARNC (which was originally touted as "ACN"), and many more (just look at your UI screens.... It's a perpetual "beta repository".

To each!

I disagree on the Rivian tech comment. Sure, when it first released, it had issues. Not sure when you last tried one, but we get huge tech updates, new features, improved camera resolution, improved Driver+, and more - every four weeks like clockwork.
What we don't get is farts, games, screaming goats and completely F'd up for years features - that have been in "Beta" status for many years (FSD, summon, Smart Summon, Auto Wipers, ARNC (which was originally touted as "ACN"), and many more (just look at your UI screens.... It's a perpetual "beta repository".

To each!

Ok, I will test drive one in Phoenix asap. Let’s see how they have improved. It was about 1-1/2 years ago I first test drove one. I was excited about the truck but walked away thinking wow after 6 years of planning that’s the best they could do?

so if it is improved, I will gladly state it.

also… I’m not happy at all with tonneau cover issue. Total fail.

Ok, I will test drive one in Phoenix asap. Let’s see how they have improved. It was about 1-1/2 years ago I first test drove one. I was excited about the truck but walked away thinking wow after 6 years of planning that’s the best they could do?

so if it is improved, I will gladly state it.

also… I’m not happy at all with tonneau cover issue. Total fail.
Auto tonneau - was a fail. New free of charge redesigned replacements are currently being installed. My original never failed…

No I’m not, I, stating the truth. The Rivian tech sucks and you know it. Heck, my wife who doesn’t even know about cars and she noticed it right away. it doesn’t take a car guy to notice when something is wrong.

Dude, you are trolling. Camera resolution sucks and it's widely known. It's apparently a deal breaker for you and that's fine, but it appears that there are plenty of buyers willing to overlook that minor flaw.

As for the rest of the tech, there is plenty to love, which is why I got one. SW is not on par with Tesla, which makes perfect sense based on Tesla headstart and resources, but it keeps getting better.

Again, there is no perfect vehicle. One needs to find the vehicle that matches one's priorities. Apparently, your best match is a Toyota Corolla. Enjoy. :) I heard it's a great value.

Reactions: jebinc
As for the rest of the tech, there is plenty to love, which is why I got one. SW is not on par with Tesla, which makes perfect sense based on Tesla headstart and resources, but it keeps getting better.
Personally, I don't think the SW is very close to Tesla, specifically navigation or the mobile app. It's better than Ford, though. Looking at the Rivian forum, it seems that those who don't HATE Tesla because of Elon agree and most say it's getting better, but not there yet.