Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: What is most important to you in owning (or wanting to own) a Tesla?

Which three of the following is most important to you in buying (or wanting to buy) a Tesla?

• Climate change (100% EV)

• Performance (generally fastest production car in its class)

• Innovation (e.g the futuristic interiors, gull wing X)

• Branding (à la iPhone)

• Manufacturing industry reboot (e.g. Gigafactory)

• Transportation industry reboot (e.g. Fleet of generic, shared-use M3s which remember ur settings)

• Cult of Elon (e.g. association w SpaceX, Boring Co., etc.)

• Safety (safest cars ever tested)

• Autonomous driving

• Price (Model 3 is marketed as first affordable, mass-market EV)

• Other

• Range (e.g. greater than EV competitors, SuperCharger network)

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK. I picked the first two options, then chose 'Other' -- with that meant to represent 'Select All'. What? It's a good list. A shame so many traditional automobile manufacturers overlooked the potential of 'TESLA' as a brand...

Good stuff, @Red Sage. It's possible to allow as many picks as choices, but then you can't really make as many conclusions. If you ask people "do you want it all?", they answer "yes". Better to ask "what's MORE important to you?". Hope this works for you.

I have a ~180 mile daily commute so AP features are great almost all is divided highway. The range is needed and the other feature I will really enjoy is having a full tank every morning. Currently I am fueling up twice a week and it gets old fast. Trying to decide if I want to stop in the morning on my way to work or if I have enough fuel to make it to work and back and fuel up at night.

Reactions: RedOctober
As a Leaf owner, I'm not satisfied with Nissan's EV customer policies. They haven't figured out ICEVs and EVs must be managed differently. Their biggest policy mistake has been not offering upgraded batteries for the first seven model years; these 300,000 first generation buyers are left with a car that will always be limited and as a result are worthless on the secondary market. These are nice solid cars with plenty of miles left; but, Nissan has turned them into 'throwaways' by only offering high priced, obsolete, low-density replacement batteries. I'm hoping Tesla has it more together and will treat us all better.

I have a ~180 mile daily commute so AP features are great almost all is divided highway. The range is needed and the other feature I will really enjoy is having a full tank every morning. Currently I am fueling up twice a week and it gets old fast. Trying to decide if I want to stop in the morning on my way to work or if I have enough fuel to make it to work and back and fuel up at night.
180 mile commute. I hope you love your job. How many miles per year do you put on a vehicle?

Reactions: jkirkwood001
180 mile commute. I hope you love your job. How many miles per year do you put on a vehicle?

I put around 50k miles a year on my car now. I've been looking at other jobs lately and some of them would add another 60 miles to my daily commute. Trying to decide where I want to be in 10 years. I am getting a bit bored with what I am doing now but if I keep at it in a few more years it could lead to some interesting opportunities but would require a lot of travel but should be really fun. The other options I am looking at have a longer commute and would be more interesting at least in the short term not sure about long term.

• “Price” was only picked by 10.8% of respondents. This suggests whether a government rebate applies is a small part of determining whether people will buy a Tesla. On the other hand, perhaps this is because the only people participating on the forum have enough disposable income to even consider a Tesla.
Or, at the least, the hardest of the hardcore are here.

I actually selected that item as one of my three, in the frame of "I couldn't, at this time, justify the impact on my budget of the price of a Model S/X that'll get me 300+ mile range". Otherwise I'd have gotten an S already. :) I'm not sure about the percentage of prior owners here but that definitely could be a an influence in these results.

Reactions: jkirkwood001