Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering Connectivity after trial?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i don't miss it. the main thing i used it for during the free trial was the traffic. but i'm used to using google maps on my phone since before i got my MYLR. i listen to the local radio station, and i also have a 256GB high endurance micro sd card partitioned for music.

fyi, i did try tethering/hot spot with my phone but it still won't show the traffic.

Reactions: vrodforme123
Upvote 0
A 1997 Corolla was faultlessly reliable; its controls were ergonomically designed; it would neither slow down nor speed up unpredictably; its wipers worked well and could be operated without taking your eyes off the road; it would not steer you into the path of an overtaking vehicle. An electric version of that could be a hot seller.
And you had to take it in for regular visits to fill it up. You had to take it in for oil changes multiple times a year. You had to put quite a bit for energy. You have to do periodic tuneups.
It didn't support any streaming of audio.
It would happily run into the vehicle in front of you if you had Cruise Control enabled.

Want an electric version, well that's another thing. The company has had a CEO that didn't believe in electric vehicles.

BUT, there are plenty of other EVs out there that are a lot closer to the Corolla than Tesla.

Reactions: JMGNC
Upvote 0
BUT, there are plenty of other EVs out there that are a lot closer to the Corolla than Tesla.
Yes, there are. The Mercedes EQB 300 I test drove before buying the Tesla has all those virtues of the Corolla: ergonomically designed controls; freedom from unpredictable speed changes; wipers that performed correctly and could be operated without taking my eyes off the road... and it never steered me into the path of an overtaking vehicle (because, of course it was not burdened with FSDS.)

I fear we are drifting off topic.

Upvote 0
I assume you have to have premium to remotely start the AC or heat? Am I correct? The question I suppose would be if you're in a climate or situation that justifies $100 a year for the feature.
I would not have assumed that…I’d have thought those app functions were available to everyone. Maybe someone w/o premium connectivity can confirm?

No. Truly, 99% of the valuable features are included with standard connectivity. All remote controls are there, minus remote camera viewing.

Upvote 0
I seriously don't think $99 is much for the premium connectivity. Depends on your value for the unlimited data. Most cell phone connections have data limits on hotspots. And if you have kids then you know those Netflix and Hulu shows gobbles up hotspot data while you are super charging. Tmobile gives me $5 credit if I keep data usage to below 2GB a month. Guess what, that adds to $60 coming from TMobile to pay Tesla. My out of pocket for premium connectivity is $39. I do plan to buy the yearly premium connectivity when by 1 year free trial runs out next year.

Reactions: Skavatar
Upvote 0