Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Placed - Waiting Begins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed my order today for MX 75D Multi Coat Red, 7 seats, white interior + carbon. All options checked. The waiting period begins.
BY THE WAY - found a weird glitch on Tesla's website. I had the configuration in my account for about a week and when I actually paid the deposit, it showed me my order summary - and interior was all black, and on the PDF file attached to the email the line for interior color was blank. Called their support line and apparently I found some unknown issue they've had with the website. It glitched on both Safari and Chrome browsers. Worked fine on iPhone - used that to correct the build.

I feel like a kid before Christmas.

Reactions: TechVP and IdaX
Congrats! Currently waiting on my S, one of the weird things I like to do while I wait is to visit new superchargers.
Welcome to Tesla ownership!

Actually, speaking as an owner I recommend visiting SC sites highly, prior to delivery.
Balance that with not having to visit Gas Stations ever w/ a Tesla.

More seriously, you'll get to meet the Tesla community, which is great for insight, tips, and ideas. We are a unique (maybe not for long?) breed of owners that have worked out many of the kinks to ownership. I've learned everybody has great tips to offer.

One of the best things to study while you are there, is how the SC locations are layed out.
Specifically the A & B markings on the chargers at what will be your most frequented location.
And as you travel around, you'll see many different SC layouts. Sometimes the A&B chargers are next to each other. Sometimes they are seperated and, ordered numerically. There are even pairs that are add-ons that stand alone. In short the most useful part of this is that A&B chargers share a charging rate. You benefit most by pulling into a SC where only the A or B side is occupied. If there are SC that are near full... always be on the lookout for an owner about to pull out... you can get a better charge parking next to him. Courtesy will go a long way here.
Hope you have a very short wait & excellent delivery experience for your new Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: trace
Does anyone know how long does it take from order confirmation to actual production? It's been 2 weeks since getting the confirmation and as of yet I haven't heard any updates on the delivery time or VIN. My DS just said - mid to late March - which is pretty nebulous. I looked at the tracker and it seems that most from the west coast are in the same situation.

Does anyone know how long does it take from order confirmation to actual production? It's been 2 weeks since getting the confirmation and as of yet I haven't heard any updates on the delivery time or VIN. My DS just said - mid to late March - which is pretty nebulous. I looked at the tracker and it seems that most from the west coast are in the same situation.
From talking to my DS, VIN date is kind of arbitrary. Production takes about a week (give or take), and then there’s about a week for delivery depending on where you are. So if you work backwards from “mid March,” they’ll probably start production late Feb or early March.