Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 1018627the car was delivered today, tomorrow is my scheduled acceptance. They said they already sold one today. So maybe the EPA issue is state specific. MSLR black interior, steering wheel. Ordered 1/9/24

As we've already seen in Dublin, some didn't know about the hold. In this case, some may not know the hold was extended. I have no doubt when you actually go to pick it up, they'll let you know it's still on hold. That said, being able to get close to it and inspect it now is a good head start.

View attachment 1018627the car was delivered today, tomorrow is my scheduled acceptance. They said they already sold one today. So maybe the EPA issue is state specific. MSLR black interior, steering wheel. Ordered 1/9/24

Your photo is reminding me to order center caps and lugnut covers. Though, I'm sure if I do that now, my delivery will get pushed out another month.

Any recommendations? https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Center-Compatible-Covers-T-001/dp/B09ZV3DYQR

Reactions: zoomer0056
Looks great. The hubcaps are different than mine, did you order 19' wheels?
Those are the 19" wheels without the plastic aero covers. I think they don't look that bad. I ordered the 19s as well. My last one had the 21s, but I burned through the inside edge of my tires in 16k miles, so I figured I'd avoid that this time.

I think they don't look that bad. I ordered the 19s as well.
They are great looking lobster forks ;) lunch time.
I ordered the 19s as well. My last one had the 21s, but I burned through the inside edge of my tires in 16k miles, so I figured I'd avoid that this time.
Really wish someone made a staggered 20" wheel. Like some of TSportline, but like the aggressive look of the fatter rear wheel.

Those are the 19" wheels without the plastic aero covers. I think they don't look that bad. I ordered the 19s as well. My last one had the 21s, but I burned through the inside edge of my tires in 16k miles, so I figured I'd avoid that this time.

That'll happen with -2.4 degrees of camber with such short sidewalls that won't compress on the inside to have the entire tread's weight more evenly distributed.

That'll happen with -2.4 degrees of camber with such short sidewalls that won't compress on the inside to have the entire tread's weight more evenly distributed.
Some people say it's alignment as well, too much positive toe from the factory. Either way, avoiding the issue for now. I really want the track pack 20" wheels. That seems like the best option for performance and not much more than the 21" cost, if you are getting the brakes as well...

Some people say it's alignment as well, too much positive toe from the factory. Either way, avoiding the issue for now. I really want the track pack 20" wheels. That seems like the best option for performance and not much more than the 21" cost, if you are getting the brakes as well...

I've seen the argument. You've probably seen my explosive arguments with one particular member. -2.4 degrees of camber by itself is enough to guarantee you will have accelerated inside wear. Too much toe can contribute of course. Those that fix their camber with aftermarket alternatives also report their inside edge tire wear fixed.

I fixed it on my P85D with adjustable upper arms. I'll probably do the same on the MSP. I'd consider the available shim option but the seller isn't providing longer bolts to compensate for the factor bolts not using as many threads in the cradle so I'm going to steer clear of that option.

As we've already seen in Dublin, some didn't know about the hold. In this case, some may not know the hold was extended. I have no doubt when you actually go to pick it up, they'll let you know it's still on hold. That said, being able to get close to it and inspect it now is a good head start.
The other MSLR that was ahead of me today sold with no hold. I pick mine up tomorrow morning.

Interesting. They have 10.5" and 11.5" width. Track pack is 10" and 11". Not bad for price, although $2k for rims alone, +$2500 for tires and mounting, $500 for TPMS and ends up same as Tesla.
Track pack wheel tires will be useless if there’s even a little bit of water on the ground though, forget slightly cool temperatures. Also you can get the tpms for closer to $275ish.