Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: I called Tesla staying my situation, and the woman said it was unusual since it was already at the dealership when I ordered. I got the following text massages from her after I called:

I'm starting to worry a little. 😬 Anyone ever have a similar issue when ordering?
Updated text, for what it's worth:

We're still clearing a lot of pre-delivery inspections (A task done to all new vehicles) due to an influx in orders but yours should be cleared soon

Just swapped my custom order for a demo in the exact same config. Figure a demo is more likely to be a good build and got a big discount 👍

Attachments

• IMG_2051.png
    IMG_2051.png
    424 KB · Views: 4
Just swapped my custom order for a demo in the exact same config. Figure a demo is more likely to be a good build and got a big discount 👍
I bought a demo with a similar amount of miles and a similar discount back in October of 2020 before the covid car boom took off. It had a 2 foot long scratch on the driver's door. The scratch didn't bother me enough to turn down a $9,000 discount on a Raven Performance MS.

I bought a demo with a similar amount of miles and a similar discount back in October of 2020 before the covid car boom took off. It had a 2 foot long scratch on the driver's door. The scratch didn't bother me enough to turn down a $9,000 discount on a Raven Performance MS.
Should have had them repair - that scratch would violate the minimum condition standards they list for demo vehicles.

Delivery scheduled for 5/18.
Got a message on 5/17 that the delivery was going to be delayed for one day. Indeed it was. The car was delivered yesterday 5/19. So less than a month from order date to delivery date here in South Florida.

The new sport seats are really nice. The bolstering really makes a difference in your lower back area. The lower portion (thigh) bolstering does not feel that aggressive. They are a nice blend of comfort and sport.

Build quality and quality control are two things that must be addressed. The car is screwed together really well - not one rattle, squeak, or vibrations. The doors seem to have a much more solid closing thunk compared to my 2020 Model S and my 2022 M3P. I forgot how much I missed homelink. Now onto quality control: whoever got ahold of the glue gun at the factor went a little overboard. There is black adhesive on the paint near the glass roof and there is adhesive inside the car on the headliner. I don't think its enough to have me go in to the service center to start taking the car apart as they would have to replace the headliner. I don't think most people would notice, but its there.

Additionally there was white glue all over the rear door jam where they press fit and glue the door weather seal onto the body. I told the delivery person that it needed to be address and he was actually able to get some cleaner to get it off. So the build quality is way better than I was expecting, I just wish they would take a few minutes more at the factor to clean up their messes.

Super happy with the Plaid - its nice to be back in a Model S again. Also - the power meter in the bottom of the instrument cluster is basically useless. I want the old round power gauges back!!!!

Meet Grand Cru. :)
She is currently getting Tinting, PPF and Ceramic coatings. The only issue I have seen so far were two slight panel gap alignments on the left side wheel well areas. Otherwise, she is a beaut.
I won't get time to give it a much closer inspection till the weekend. Especially the interior. It was waaay to hot outside at the Tesla dealer to spend a lot of time doing that. I didn't see any obvious issues. I'll report back on the ambient lighting etc after I get the car back.

Attachments

• Tesla 2.jpeg
    Tesla 2.jpeg
    755.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Tesla 3.jpeg
    Tesla 3.jpeg
    725.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Tesla 1.jpeg
    Tesla 1.jpeg
    911 KB · Views: 1
Final update:

Ordered 3/23 (Ultra Red Plaid, Black Interior, 19" Wheels, Round Wheel)
VIN 5/7
Delivery 5/20

I tempered my expectations, coming from a German car, so I'm not disappointed at all. Typical American car quality I'd say. No deal breakers, only some slight panel symmetry issues if you really look closely, and there's some wind noise on the driver's side where the little triangle window and the big window meet. There's a huge bit of rubber there which seems slightly misshapen. I can probably fix it myself.

There was also a small piece of protective film left near the front emblem, and some spots on the door jambs that needed to be cleaned of residue, but you aren't picking the car up from a high-end dealership that details these things before delivery.

Functionally, everything seems fine so far. touches wood

At $130,000+ I would've been disappointed for sure. At $90,000, it could be better, but the powertrain and the tech. are worth it.