Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100% here, have never considered changing any car before the end of PCP as everyone I've owned has had to be returned by VT (voluntary termination) as none have ever been worth more than their outstanding finance. This has applied to my last 2 VW's and mine and my wife's Audi's.

Except for the blip in 2022 when second hand prices went bizarre and we all made a killing there!!

Plus I've spent a pretty penny on upgrades, powder coating my original wheels and have bought a set of winter wheels which have plenty of tread left 😉.

I get it if you're at the end of term, tough choices to make.

But, not solely a Tesla issue, there will always be something better around the corner alledgedly? I remember the anxiety of everone on here with their new MY's not having a parcel shelf, then it did, or a heat pump on the M3, or Ryzen, or losing USS. The list goes on and on.

Sadly you win some you lose some as those who just purchased before the M3LR and RWD interest rate dropped throwing their dollies out. If it went the other way there would be silence...

Crystal ball anyone?

... and since my car arrived in 2021... I've only just had my working Matrix Headlights delivered... got to try them this coming Winter.

Looking forward to that... :D

Those Ultra Sonic Parking Sensors are useful as Sonar in the Floods... just need the Green rotating display update now for i-Boat Mode, and the pings... pings...

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricPolice
... and at the low prices for older M3P car trade-ins I'm reading about on here, I'm more inclined to get the lowest possible legal trade-in price quotation... and sell it to myself for those peanuts... rather than give it away.

Keep the HMRC off my back, and pay very little Corporation Tax. Then no BIK Tax.
and of course, the company car will be in poor condition ;)

• Funny
Reactions: PITA and KennethS
I am keeping my M3P, the urge is there to upgrade to the Highland version but I am resisting. The main reason is I think there will be massive normalisation of prices downwards. Also there is going to be a refresh, the highland M3P is running on same battery packs and I believe this is purely because of a glut of cheap available packs currently.

I am keeping my M3P, the urge is there to upgrade to the Highland version but I am resisting. The main reason is I think there will be massive normalisation of prices downwards. Also there is going to be a refresh, the highland M3P is running on same battery packs and I believe this is purely because of a glut of cheap available packs currently.
There’s always a future refresh, unknown when it’ll be but at some point you will be right ;)

Joking aside I agree, the packs been around for a while and it’s likely pretty cheap now but the competition is getting new and better packs. They’ll have to keep up sooner or later.

Remember, they've changed the body and suspension but left everything else the same so the refresh is fairly minor.

Theres till Vehicle to Grid, 48v and steer-by-wire to come before I'd consider this car "up to date".

Reactions: FastLaneJB and PITA
Remember, they've changed the body and suspension but left everything else the same so the refresh is fairly minor.

Theres till Vehicle to Grid, 48v and steer-by-wire to come before I'd consider this car "up to date".
It really depends from which MY you are upgrading from.

I’m coming from a 2019 model and from that perspective the 2024 model has significant upgrades that I look forward to.

But… at the same time I do feel that the package as a whole is still a bit lacking.

Reactions: Lucas31