Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minor rattling/clicking noise coming from directly in front of the drivers side?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
I've been hearing some occasional (driving slow on bumps or sharp undulations in the road surface) rattling/clicking sounds coming from directly in front of the driver - perhaps from the steering wheel area? Not 100% certain.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have an appointment at my local SC next week to look at it. Car is under warranty. Its not a nuisance, just a tad annoying to hear from an otherwise fantastic car!

I've been hearing some occasional (driving slow on bumps or sharp undulations in the road surface) rattling/clicking sounds coming from directly in front of the driver - perhaps from the steering wheel area? Not 100% certain.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have an appointment at my local SC next week to look at it. Car is under warranty. Its not a nuisance, just a tad annoying to hear from an otherwise fantastic car!
Can't be certain it is the same thing, but I had a similar noise in similar circumstances...small bumps, slow accelerations, but from the right rear. I thought it was a loose wire or connector bumping the inside of the body or something. I had service come out and they tracked it down to the wheel well and ultimately decided the strut was the most likely cause. A couple weeks later they replaced it and that was the problem. It was INTERNAL to the strut, not a loose attachment or anything like that.

I'd do the obvious things, check the frunk for loose bodies, etc. But it may well be your front strut if there is a similar design flaw as there was in my rear strut.

• Informative
Reactions: SilverGS