Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lewisburg WV “Temporarily Unavailable” May 13th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were headed home and enroute to the Lewisburg WV SuperCharger at 1 pm on May 13th, when my wife acting as my co-Pilot asked why the RED SuperCharger icon was GRAY. I asked her to tap on it to view its note page and she said it says it’s TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE. After trying a few things at 75 mph in traffic I opted to see what the next SCer was. We made to the Mt Hope SCer with 8% SOC. Luckily I always charge beyond the trip computers “you have enough juice to go” message. Wifey wants a BIGGER buffer. This time it saved our bacon. We just got home and still haven’t heard if it’s UP and what the problem is/was? I hope it wasn’t vandalism?

We made to the Mt Hope SCer with 8% SOC.
8%? Man, if I show up at a Supercharger with more than 10% I curse myself for having spent too long at the previous one! My goal is to show up with 5%! ;)

That said, I get it, particularly in that area with a lot of elevation changes and general lack of Superchargers. When I'm entering such an area, I too exceed the recommendations by a little to give that little extra buffer. Fortunately those areas are pretty rare along most routes I travel, as are Supercharger outages (either real or "ghost").

Reactions: Seattle