Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla offering destination chargers for work places?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made an application and got a reply that they are only for Hotels and the like. Have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Not for the first time I’m sure, you’re ahead of the curve. And not for the first time I know, Tesla seem to be behind their own one:

From small businesses to entire campuses, Tesla provides an easy way to install convenient charging for your employees.

Thanks @Brando . I did wonder if this might be a USA-only (as yet) thing, but my link above is specific to UK hence hopefully that it should exist over here too :)

(I can't see your link, per se, it redirects to the one I posted above because I'm in the UK, so might be we are each seeing something different. e.g. If I click on your "Supercharger" link I get redirected to the UK-specific one, with prices in pounds, and quite possibly different content, which makes these sorts of international discussions quite difficult!)

Screenshot in case different in USA etc.
Tesla01.jpg

Thanks @Brando .
(I can't see your link, per se, it redirects to the one I posted above because I'm in the UK, so might be we are each seeing something different. e.g. If I click on your "Supercharger" link I get redirected to the UK-specific one, with prices in pounds, and quite possibly different content, which makes these sorts of international discussions quite difficult

That’s usually fixed by going to the Tesla website and changing the country at the bottom, then trying again. You need to remember to switch it back again at the end.

That’s usually fixed by going to the Tesla website and changing the country at the bottom, then trying again. You need to remember to switch it back again at the end.

Yup, although I find the nuance of the "usually" aspect annoying :rolleyes:

I think the Tesla site is a bit of a mess in that regard, although having an international, country-sensitive, website has its own challenges of course.

Tesla uses the .../en_GB/... URL element to display country-specific content, and also the ...?redirect=no bit to stop it redirecting. @Brando posted a "plain" URL, so presume that's what was seen (otherwise presumably the URL able to be posted would have Country and perhaps the No Redirect bits). Except that USA-site does NOT use the Country element, so someone from the USA posting a URL presumably sees it "plain" and posts it as that, but if I use the USA specific footer-option I then get the original but also with the ...?redirect=no bit, so possibly?? not the same as a not-logged-in person from USA would see. Or if my session is remembering that I am a UK person it redirects to the corresponding UK page - or to Home Page if there is no corresponding content (which is particularly frustrating where someone [non-technical] wants to be able to see exactly what the USA person saw ...)

If I have been on the Tesla site recently (i.e. as me, a UK person) but session timed out and I then click on the @Brando "plain" URL I get a "logged out, sign in if you like" screen, and if I pause that then redirects to Homepage, NOT to the perfectly valid UK page-version that exists. If I then try the URL again I get the Plain version (without the "?redirect=no"). I can;t see a non-technical person figuring that out easily ... :(

All in all a bit of a mess ... and makes International-related Forum conversations a bit hit and miss!

I feel your pain. My software which reads all the used cars in the uk at one point said the car was unavailable even though the full url was accurate, specific to uk car, had en_GB in the path, etc all because Tesla thought I was in the US.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Tesla giving you free chargers to charge any car? They can be configured that way but it’s more typical that they want a split which is why they want you to have two. That way they get the moral high ground of any cars charging and a dedicated one for Tesla owners,

Tesla giving you free chargers to charge any car? They can be configured that way but it’s more typical that they want a split which is why they want you to have two. That way they get the moral high ground of any cars charging and a dedicated one for Tesla owners,

They said on the phone that neither would be limited. They said on the phone they were providing two to future proof. I’ll know more tomorrow.

Confirmed at Clubhouse last night that this offer is open generally in the UK: they will supply 2-4 units (depending on your capacity to make use of them), and they are not configured Tesla-only. Offer is for free hardware; claiming company must fund installation.

Did you get the impression that I could get some @arg? They rejected my application for a "not a hotel" type reason, which I assumed was ignorance/poor COMMs on their part, and since then xnetco has been successful, but I got the imrpession that might be a bit mroe "public" that our work carpark.

Happy to ask them again, just don't want to waste my time if I'm clearly not the right type!