Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm Ready by December 9th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kithytom

Special Guest
Jul 30, 2021
F3V4+837
Hi Guys,

Your Model Y order is set to cancel soon. If you still intend to take delivery, please sign in to your Tesla Account and select “I’m Ready” by December 9, 2021.
If your order remains on hold on December 9, 2021, or is placed on hold again, it will automatically be canceled and your order fee forfeited.
We appreciate your understanding.

Best Regards,
The Tesla Team

With recent civil war between Sales and Delivery Operations teams, a cancel culture is happening at Tesla. A lot folks got release the hold by Dec 9 email. So:
  • Did you release the hold? Have you got a VIN or delivery date yet?
  • Did you keep the hold? Is your order disappeared in your account?
  • Did you keep the hold and the order is still showing on hold?
Please share your data point :)

• Disagree
Reactions: FlyerDude
I got same email saying to release hold on December 9, 2021. I did that on Dec 5. EDD i got next day showed DEC 17 - DEC 31.
Today it changed to JAN 1 - JAN 31.

Called Tesla today and told them im ready now, And i need my car ASAP.
They said - you have to wait for your VIN, we dont know when it will be available.

If they are going to deliver it between Christmas and New Year im going to refuse it.

Tesla guy said " If you are not at home at the time of delivery we will leave your car in driveway". Yeah sure.....

I got same email saying to release hold on December 9, 2021. I did that on Dec 5. EDD i got next day showed DEC 17 - DEC 31.
Today it changed to JAN 1 - JAN 31.

Called Tesla today and told them im ready now, And i need my car ASAP.
They said - you have to wait for your VIN, we dont know when it will be available.

If they are going to deliver it between Christmas and New Year im going to refuse it.

Tesla guy said " If you are not at home at the time of delivery we will leave your car in driveway". Yeah sure.....
Almost identical to my situation, and I'm in Vegas as well. Received email to release hold by Dec. 9. Released on December 8th. EDD was set for Dec 17-31. This morning, it moved to Dec 31-Jan 28.

What's your build? Mine is a MYLR, white on white, 5 seater, no tow, 19's.

We ordered a Model Y on 8/21 and got an email to schedule delivery at the end of November. We wanted to delay until Jan (both for travel and tax reasons), so we called Tesla customer service and they put our order on hold until Dec 31. Because we got an autogenerated cancellation email after that conversation, I reached out to our local sales rep, who looked into it and then assured me that our order was “on hold 100%.” A week later we got another autogenerated warning email, and I again asked our sales rep about this and he said not to worry—and indeed our account page showed that the order was on hold til 12/31. On 12/17, our order disappeared. Our sales rep was profusely apologetic but said they were blindsided by these cancellations and that there was nothing he could do. We then spoke to the regional manager in Rockville, who was also very apologetic, saying that these cancellations were intended to weed out customers who’d repeatedly postponed orders, but that this should never have happened to our case, as we had only had one VIN assigned to us, not two or three like some others, and were only two weeks away from our on-hold date. He also expressed frustration at corporate for this wave of cancellations that left them dealing with angry customers. Still, the most he could offer was a $250 credit on a future order, and he encouraged us to keep trying with corporate. We will be sending our case (including screenshots of the promises made by our sales rep) to [email protected], but if anyone has any other email addresses or ideas on how to elevate this I’d appreciate it. Not very hopeful but I figure it’s worth a try to get them to honor our contract price, even if we have to wait awhile for a car.

Reactions: voxel
I spoke to few Tesla high reps and they all told me no order was cancelled from their part ever.
When i told them about this forum and few people are reporting it they said to not believe that .

I would trust only if see someone with over 100 posts here and his order is cancelled.
So far i see orders cancelled only from people just registered to this forum.

And one more thing, 2 of my family members have their MY still on hold even after receiving 2 Tesla emails, they plan to release hold on 1.1.2022. So far nothing happened to their reservations. And they only have 3 more days to go and save $8000k if tax credit gets approved.
BTW im taking delivery of my new MYLR tomorrow!

I spoke to few Tesla high reps and they all told me no order was cancelled from their part ever.
When i told them about this forum and few people are reporting it they said to not believe that .

I would trust only if see someone with over 100 posts here and his order is cancelled.
So far i see orders cancelled only from people just registered to this forum.

And one more thing, 2 of my family members have their MY still on hold even after receiving 2 Tesla emails, they plan to release hold on 1.1.2022. So far nothing happened to their reservations. And they only have 3 more days to go and save $8000k if tax credit gets approved.
BTW im taking delivery of my new MYLR tomorrow!
Yes, I am new to this forum, and no, I am not making this story up. I do not yet own a Tesla so of course I don’t have 100 posts. What I am looking for is advice from others who are in a similar situation and might have ideas on how to elevate this complaint.

I am a Dec 2 email receiver. Specs MYLR White on black, standard options, no FSD. Location Los Angles.

Released hold Dec 1st. EDD changed from Dec 9-31, to Dec 30 - Jan 28, to Dec 26-31, to Dec 29-31, now to Jan 1-30. no VIN assigned. I am outside financing and trading in, so not sure if that makes a difference.

Hoping to get the non-rushed builds for the quarter-end push....