Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hunter Road Force Touch a must for balancing wheels and tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My husband just had new tires put on and an alignment at a Tesla SvC. Just came upon this thread and found using the Hunter locator site (GSP9700 Locator) for equipment used at the various Tesla locations to be interesting. Looks like the Road Force Touch is replaced now in some shops by the Road Force Elite. Deer Creek, Kato, Fremont, Page and Mabury are using the Elite. The location he went to did not have the Elite but the Road Force Touch instead. Seemed to be the case for many of the SvC locations still. I also checked equipment at our local tire stores too to see what they had. Appreciate the link posted awhile back in this thread by @aus, although found a little late :rolleyes:.

An interesting name popped up in the list BTW for the SF south bay area that wasn’t a tire shop or dealership.

From Hunter’s Learning channel:

That comparison by the way was done with Hunter’s Road Force Touch on the right along with the Hunter Revolution.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Took my 20" wheels and tires for balancing to a shop with the Hunter Road Force touch. This is the current state of the art for wheel and tire balancing. The machine exerts a force on the tire as the wheel spins and indicates on a monitor the out-of-balance points on both the wheel and tire. It provides a "road force" rating number. If the rating is above a specified limit the tire has to be loosened on the rim and turned so that the out-of-blance points are opposite each other. Once that's done the service tech follows steps to fine tune the balance of the wheel/tire assembly. The process took about an hour and cost about $60 total for all four wheel/tire assemblies.

What a change it made! My Model S was as smooth on the road as it has ever been and much smoother than with any conventional balancing I've had done before (at least twice a year).

I highly recommend that when fellow owners need to balance their wheels that they do it only at a shop with the Road Force Touch.

Thanks to Xenoilphobe for recommending this system in the carbon fiber rim thread.
WOW anone in colorado with this technique?