Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to park well with HW 4.0 (no sensor)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You just park like any other car? This is one of the most vague posts ever lol. Use the park assist if you're having that much trouble. Reversing is definitely easier to park than driving forward.

In a crowded city with tiny car park spaces is different. With sensor I could always just push the car to the front limit or back limit to move the car to the parking space, now I cannot really do it.

In a crowded city with tiny car park spaces is different. With sensor I could always just push the car to the front limit or back limit to move the car to the parking space, now I cannot really do it.

I mean, this is going to sound harsh and its not ment to be, but you likely knew the car had no parking sensors when you bought it. If parking sensors is a hard requirement for your needs, thats cool, but then you should purchase a car that meets those needs.

I am a firm believer that not every vehicle is for every person, and people should buy something that meets their specific needs, whatever those are, and one should NEVER, EVER, EVER, EEEEVVVVVVAAAARRRRRR, buy a product or service based on what it "might" do in the future, after some update or other. Either it meets your needs as it is, or it doesnt, and if it doesnt, probably best not to buy it.

• Love
Reactions: Darmie
I mean, this is going to sound harsh and its not ment to be, but you likely knew the car had no parking sensors when you bought it. If parking sensors is a hard requirement for your needs, thats cool, but then you should purchase a car that meets those needs.

I am a firm believer that not every vehicle is for every person, and people should buy something that meets their specific needs, whatever those are, and one should NEVER, EVER, EVER, EEEEVVVVVVAAAARRRRRR, buy a product or service based on what it "might" do in the future, after some update or other. Either it meets your needs as it is, or it doesnt, and if it doesnt, probably best not to buy it.

When I bought it, it was still HW 3.0, then they gave me the new HW 4.0 version and I could either cancel the order or got it. HW 4.0 is great with much better camera, quick computer response, and all AI stuff, but not parking.

When I bought it, it was still HW 3.0, then they gave me the new HW 4.0 version and I could either cancel the order or got it. HW 4.0 is great with much better camera, quick computer response, and all AI stuff, but not parking.

The parking sensors have been gone for quite some time. At least since near the beginning of 2023.

The parking sensors have been gone for quite some time. At least since near the beginning of 2023.

Not over here for Model Y, HW 4.0 just come out for weeks over here.

Imagine you need to park in somewhere like this without sensor:

hq720.jpg