Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We took delivery tonight of our new silver Model 3.
20181129_185340.jpg

Just heard that Tesla has a new shipping agreement that will ensure cars currently waiting in San Diego will be here before the end of the year..... One shipment scheduled to arrive by December 14 and one by December 27. I'm told that my delivery scheduled for December 15 is still a go. Shipping is not out of San Diego so cars will need to be transported to a different port. Not sure about cars on order or being manufactured at the moment but I assume these would be on the ship scheduled to arrive by the 27th.

I ordered my P3D+ on October 13 with conformation and RN posted on the 14th! I got my VIN on the 29th and now I'm playing the waiting delivery game. Originally scheduled for pick-up this weekend on December 8, but I needed to move it due to scheduling conflicts. Not sure if my car made on to the boat to Honolulu that is scheduled to arrive on the 12th! Soooooo praying that it made it on board! No conformation yet! If not, 2 more weeks of waiting. UGH!

With all these promises for delivery by a certain date without fulfillment, we the buyers should have some type of recourse for their actions or lack of. Elon is spending a whole lot money elsewhere all over the world, maybe he should fork out the $3750 for promised deliveries on orders made in a timely manor that did not make the 12/31 cut-off!!!

My car missed the boat too :(. New delivery date of December 30. I asked what would happen if they miss the December 31 deadline and was told that they could refund the deposit if I decided to cancel. I asked about the possibility of a $3750 price adjustment and was told that they could request it if the deadline is missed but there is currently no policy for a $3750 price adjustment spelled out for missing the deadline. Hopefully this means they don't intend on missing the deadlineo_O. Supposedly the logistics managers and the shipping companies know the importance of the deadline.... we shall see. Hope we don't have to find out what recourse we have if they miss the deadline. Although I didn't want to go through the madhouse of the year end delivery, I'd settle for that at this point.

Last edited: