Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone else ordered the new LR Y RWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SteelClouds

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2021
CA
I decided to bite on the new LR Y RWD and save myself 3K plus vs an AWD. The only difference I could see was a 2 second acceleration and I "should" get a few more miles of range. The other is there is not any delivery date for the LR RWD and I could have gotten the AWD this week from stock.

Attachments

• IMG_0459.jpeg
    IMG_0459.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 5
Im pending for a LR RWD.

My only concern is not knowing what kind of battery it will be coming with and if they will honer the financing if it takes them too long to assign me a car.

Also I'd just like to upgrade to premium audio without having to get dual motor. Id pay of course.

While the price jump isn't huge for AWD or P.

The reduced range isn't something I want.

The irony to me is more range means more performance... So the RWD is a performance model to me by that metric. I will not be needing or using more acceleration but since I will tow I will need as much range as I can squeeze out of it.

Also I'd just like to upgrade to premium audio without having to get dual motor. Id pay of course.
Not going to happen. The AWD/P has dual amps with more speakers. The RWD wont have the right wiring harness or the speakers unlike the old M3s that could turn on the speakers that were installed but not used. The AWD gets foglights, a motor, package tray, premium sound system and probably a few other things.. I'm told can buy a "boost" for the AWD to shave something like a second off the 0 to 60 times.

My only concern is not knowing what kind of battery it will be coming with and if they will honer the financing if it takes them too long to assign me a car.
There’s only one option that lets it qualify for tax credit, and that is the same Panasonic NCA that was in the 2024 Y SR RWD just without the software limit. Same pack as the Y LR and Y Performance.