Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hankook Ventus ION A vs ION EVO (A/S versions)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are these the same tire, just rebranded?

I found these Hankook "EV specialty tires" under the label "Ventus ION A" for less than half the price of the ION EVOs. The tread patterns on both sets of tires and the specs are identical.

Tire in question: https://www.sears.com/hankook-4-tir...8-98w-xl-as-a-s-high-performance/p-A124042631

Press release from 2022: https://www.hankooktire.com/global/en/company/media-list/media-detail.600015.html

EDIT: Mods, please move this thread to the Model 3: Driving Dynamics subforum

Reactions: enemji
Hmmmm, very interesting. We had the EVOs on our old S & really liked them. We’ll soon need to replace the factory tires on our Y & since the EVO SUV version doesn’t have a tread life warranty they aren’t really a good option.
the All Season version should have a tread life warranty. The discount tire website seems to have a glitch. Look on tirerack.com (which is owned by DT now).

the All Season version should have a tread life warranty. The discount tire website seems to have a glitch. Look on tirerack.com (which is owned by DT now).

I'm disappointed the summer iON have no treadlife warranty at all. Even if were 35k or 40k vs 50k I would consider it. I drive in southern California and have no need for any snow or cold weather performance ever. That the summers have no treadlife warranty is Hankook signaling to me that they will evaporate quickly on a car like the Model 3.

Even the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S, a serious performance first grippy tire, and not a grand touring like the iON, has a 30k mile warranty.

I ordered and installed on May 26 the Hankook Ventus Ion A tires on my M3 (About $500 delivered + $100 install). I am very pleased with the ride/noise level/etc; however, I can't offer any tests/data to back it up. These tires are M+S rated.

I believe these are the same as the iON EVO---just the earlier name. I think you got an earlier manufactured tire at a giant discount.

I ordered and installed on May 26 the Hankook Ventus Ion A tires on my M3 (About $500 delivered + $100 install). I am very pleased with the ride/noise level/etc; however, I can't offer any tests/data to back it up. These tires are M+S rated.

I’m considering buying a set as well from tiremart, but do wonder how old the tires may be.

Could you check the manufacturer date code on the tires you got and tell us how old they are? That code is a four digit number that looks stamped on the sidewall. It indicates the week and year of manufacture.