Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I don’t look at the software tab I still get a notification in my Tesla app that update xx.xx.xx whatever is available to download
True, and if you don't open your app and wake up your car, you won't see a pending update. I am really trying to help. Just go back to the last page and read my entire reply to your original post. All the answers you want are in that post.

This seems like terrible news for me personally. I have to intervene with the accelerator every few seconds so for me, my MPI is around 0.1-0.2. While I would welcome a 5-10x improvement, something tells me 12.4 will not be keeping up with the flow of traffic either.

But to lose v11 on the highways (in 12.5) where it (v11) actually goes the speed I want it to and have the car routinely drive under the speed limit on the freeways around here means I would stop using FSD altogether as I've already started to use it less and less on city streets.
Interesting, I’ve been on chill the whole time but I’ve never experienced the drive under the speed limit phenomenon. It pretty much zips up to the posted limit and maintains it exactly.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
12.3.6 slowed down to avoid a bird strike this evening. :) As it made the turn into my subdivision, a crow that was in the middle of the road flew up right in front of the car, and it slowed down to avoid it.

I passed under an overhead School Zone sign with flashing yellow light. The car slowed down a few mph, but nowhere close to the Zone speed limit. Disengagement required.
1715835048394.jpeg

And it mistook a Junction Hwy 50 sign for a Speed Limit 50 sign.
Screenshot 2024-05-15 200339.jpg

Last edited:
Does it really go that slow or do you generally drive on the faster side (like 75 percentile) ?

ps : To me FSD going a little slower than max is not that big a deal. For eg. I set max at 40 mph on a 35 mph road. Usually it will go around 36 or 37, if there aren't a lot of cars zipping past us (which obviously is rare). But where it actually is useful is if the road is a new neighborhood road where somehow the speed limit is 50 mph and FSD correctly goes slower given the small unmarked road (around 25 mph). FSD also slows down at construction zones, which is good.
I am on the faster side, 75th percentile sounds about right but I keep pace with other cars so that I'm not the fastest. But the car is usually around the 25th percentile, it could be my particular roads/conditions that make it so slow but most of the time (at least half the time) it's under the speed limit, sometimes it'll be 1-2 over and it's pretty rare it'll go anywhere near my max. (which is around 17% over, so 41-42 in a 35, 30-31 in 25)

Yesterday morning, “auto” speed blew into a 40mph zone at 57, with no signs of slowing. I intervened. At least fix this please?

Edit: has anyone got a ticket using this junk? Most of my interventions are hitting the brakes when there is a speed limit change from 55 to 45/40/35mph. Police love to write tickets in rural areas where speed limits change like this.

Reactions: gottagofast
Interesting, I’ve been on chill the whole time but I’ve never experienced the drive under the speed limit phenomenon. It pretty much zips up to the posted limit and maintains it exactly.
If you're on an interstate highway, the car will behave like that for anyone because it's using the V11 heuristic software. But on state highways and such, V12 will be running, and it will choose an "appropriate" speed. It's frequently wrong, both high and low, leading to all these complaints against it.

I share the fear that bringing V12 to the interstates will mess up the most useful capability of FSD. In general, when Tesla implements an Auto Anything, it's inferior to my doing it myself. Not just different, but clearly inferior. Auto lights, auto wipers, auto lane selection, auto speed selection, etc. Whenever I engage FSD, I turn off as much of the automatics as I can, waiting for the day when they do it as well as I could.

Yesterday morning, “auto” speed blew into a 40mph zone at 57, with no signs of slowing. I intervened. At least fix this please?

Edit: has anyone got a ticket using this junk? Most of my interventions are hitting the brakes when there is a speed limit change from 55 to 45/40/35mph. Police love to write tickets in rural areas where speed limits change like this.
I experienced this lack of slowdown more than a couple of mph many times on two-lane rural highways going through small towns on our recent long road trip. Even though the car read and displayed the lower speed limit. Very frustrating. I always had to disengage by braking, I was indeed worried about being ticketed.

Reactions: winfield100