Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD disconnect in trial mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never heard of "unjustified FSD disconnect". I've taken the car out of FSD many times and never had that happen. I've done many dumb things and never even got a FSD jail warning. I've had FSD/autopilot disabled for the current drive, but that's another story.

I had a forced disconnect when I first started the trial because I didn’t realize the slowly flashing lights on the center display meant I needed to do something - I didn’t see the notice to apply pressure to the yoke since I was looking straight ahead paying attention to the road so it disconnected for the rest of the drive and was my first strike. No big deal but I do think it’s funny that you get no info on how to use FSD and what all that stuff means.

The final alert, after the flashing bar across the top of the dashboard screen should be rapid audible chimes for about 5 seconds before the notice of disablement occurs. I haven't gotten that far in the alarms in a long time, so maybe the audible alarms have been omitted in later updates. FSD gives plenty of warning.