Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Footage of FSD v12 being tested in Germany

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a test.
Tesla’s first test of FSD in Europe requires only 1 intervention in 45 minutes
Not a test. A demo in a lobbying effort for a consultant to a Swedish agency that isn't even responsible for legislation related to FSDS / DCAS.

Not a test.

Not a test. A demo in a lobbying effort for a consultant to a Swedish agency that isn't even responsible for legislation related to FSDS / DCAS.

NCAP.png

Just another attempt of pushing the stock price up.

It is clear that in EU you can not have supervised self-driving system.

Either you need a system which is completely autonomous and certified up to certain level or all of its main actions need to be indicated and a approved and initiated by a driver, including lane changes, ...

So your system is either a driver assistance system or a next level autonomy system which has legal and monterary repercussions for the company selling it when a crash occurs.
So the logic is anti-Elon. Elon likes if something bad happens - then it is the driver, if good happens then it is FSD. It does not work this way in Europe. For good and bad, Tesla and Elon pays and goes to jail.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow and spacecoin
So somebody involved in determining car safety has nothing to do with the process of allowing autonomous cars on public roads?
FSDS is not autonomous and will never be in a meaningful way. Futhermore UNECE R157 already allows Tesla to deploy AUTONOMOUS vehicles in some juristictions. Problem is that Tesla can't get there. For "L2+" driver-assist systems, the UNECE will not allow system-initiated lane changes.

EuroNCAP is a private company that tests car safety but is not involved in neither the regulatory nor in the standard processes any mpre than Consumer Reports is.

FSDS is not autonomous and will never be in a meaningful way.

I wouldn't be so quick to write it off. It's doing a really good job in my area.

It seems to like densely settled areas more than wide open areas.
Some youtube videos show mistakes in non-complicated scenarios in places with wide 3 lane streets...meanwhile I'm driving in one lane narrow city streets in Harvard Square full of erratic bikers and pedestrians jumping out and it handles it all without a hiccup.

This makes me think much of the training video was taken from dense metro areas.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so quick to write it off. It's doing a really good job in my area.

It seems to like densely settled areas more than wide open areas.
Some youtube videos show mistakes in non-complicated scenarios in places with wide 3 lane streets...meanwhile I'm driving in one lane narrow city streets in Harvard Square full of erratic bikers and pedestrians jumping out and it handles it all without a hiccup.

This makes me think much of the training video was taken from dense metro areas.
Yeah, but I think the that the distance from driving occasionally without an intervention and doing it all the time it at least five years. Also you need better sensors fot higher speeds and probably also redundancy for safety.