Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware Updates, Features, Tesla App - For Classic/PreAP and AP1 & MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AustinP

Apr 6, 2015
Belgium
I'm the happy owner since 2015 of an incredible silver S85 AP1 car, and I understand most of the new updates and features lately is for the more capable AP 2.x/3.x with MCU2.

At each update, there is a lot of feed-back and posts about those new capabilities. It's plain mathematics: there are much more Model 3 and Y rising, and of course all S/X from 2017 and later.

So posts about something for my car often gets lost in the volume of other posts, and questions specific to our "generations" do not get answered sometimes, simply because they are missed in the crowd of posts.

I'd like a thread where owners like me share and converse about the updates and new features that are applicable to the "Pre AP2" and "Pre MCU2" cars.

I'll start by noticing that the new, much hyped coming update does list something for "us": TuneIn improvements!

2020.24.6 (Software Update) | Teslascope

Extract:

TuneIn Improvements

With this update, we've improved the usability and discoverability of TuneIn stations and podcasts so that it's easier to browse content. We've also added the ability to adjust playback speed of podcasts (up to 2x). As usual, to use TuneIn, tap on the media icon and select TuneIn on the source selector.

And some minor bug correction I noticed, but not sure since when it is corrected: on the Nav, the "red arrow" that is our car remains pointing in the direction of the car, even when you are backing up. It used to remain pointed in the wrong direction if you have parked in reverse. I know, not much, but I recall posts where some asked to fix it.:rolleyes:

I second this, would love more info about ap1/mcu1 cars. 2015 85d here, had the opportunity to buy autopilot at time of purchase or any time after, but we don’t see any ‘available upgrades’ in the app or relevant section of the Tesla account website. Tbh thinking these cars should have basic autopilot enabled free of charge as the prices for these vehicles were steep compared to today. But even to purchase it, not seeing anything. Anybody have any experience with this? Would be great if they bundled MCU2 upgrade with basic autopilot....

I got the 2020.20.17 in since last post, but nothing new (no regression noticed either)

There is a new version reported on TeslaFi targeted to 85 cars (only 3 at this time) ?

Version 2020.24.6.10

Anyone here got it?

Well this is very interesting. Late last night I got the notification of a software update for 2020.24.6.10.

This morning the notice is gone. Nothing to update.

Maybe Tesla saw my post above and got... annoyed?

• Informative
Reactions: AustinP
Well this is very interesting. Late last night I got the notification of a software update for 2020.24.6.10.

This morning the notice is gone. Nothing to update.

Maybe Tesla saw my post above and got... annoyed?

Same, only I did not check the version number.

you're going to get 2020.24.6.11 instead
And there is nothing to add with this one; just bug fixes

@ChrML reported Norwegian owners noticed a substantial speed increase of the MCU1 very recently, though it’s not clear if that is due to 20.6.11 or not. Tesla confirms infotainment system upgradeability from MCU1 to MCU2 for $2500
On m’y 2020.20.17, it does not feel any faster.
Anyone else with 2020.24.6.11 notice a speed improvement of MCU1?

Nope, not with mine.

I never had an issue with speed with the navigation or other functions, and the browser never worked well enough for me to use it at all, so I don't. But out of curiosity I just tried the browser and after 30 seconds of a blank screen trying to open google search I closed it.
It did not make any difference getting home on wifi either.

Nope, not with mine.

I never had an issue with speed with the navigation or other functions, and the browser never worked well enough for me to use it at all, so I don't. But out of curiosity I just tried the browser and after 30 seconds of a blank screen trying to open google search I closed it.
It did not make any difference getting home on wifi either.
Yes browser hanging just as much as always for me.

but the graphics for auto park have changed slightly. All the same info just rearranged. I’ll post before and after pics when I can.

Reactions: tkizzy
Here another feedback confirming MCU1 is still ... MCU1.
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/4877964/
I
installed version 2020.24.6..11 too today but did not get a chance to get in the car and play around.
I only used the app to unlock the car several times today, and it felt it was lightning fast at doing it.
But I guess it was only a feeling and subconsciously influenced by the Norwegian feedbacks and other enthusiastic ones.

• Informative
Reactions: ChrML