Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feedback on using 3M Crystalline on front windshield?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had posted about the fact that it's hotter then hell where I live in So Cal. I use 3M Crystalline on my cars, but not on the windshield because I am kind of a freak about perfectly clean glass.

I know that using it on the windshield of my X most likely means no polarized sunglasses for me, but maybe it's worth it.

I'd like feedback from anyone with experience.

By the way....this forum rocks. Incredible people here and little if any trolling.

I tinted the top portion of my front windshield with Crystalline and had it stop where the visor would align. It's SO much cooler inside the car.
tint1.jpg
Tint2.jpg

Reactions: johnking
I wanted it darker to reduce glare as well as heat. That’s why I did the strip.

The cool thing about Crystalline is even the clear reduces heat HUGE and my installer wanted me to put it on the front windshield of my Porsche. I said no because any tint can react with polarized lenses and beyond that I want the minimum on my front windshield.

I think I may do it in this case though. I guess the Model X FWD and rear glass are tinted but nothing else, so putting clear ting there makes sense too.