Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving from Tejon Ranch to Indian Wells

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a trip coming up and I'm wondering if I can make it from Tejon Ranch to Indian Wells. It's 210 miles but I have to go over Tejon Pass. I'm planning to get a full charge (in range mode) at Tejon Ranch so my rated range will be around 270 miles. Do you think I can make it or is it safer to stop by Hawthorne? Thanks.

Would stopping at a 75 A J1772 on your route for a one hour lunch stop be an alternative to driving to Hawthorne?

Perhaps the slower, but direct, route through Palmdale would allow more range as well.

GSP

I was able to drive from Indian Wells to Tejon Ranch yesterday (without stopping by Hawthorne). I started with 270 miles of range and arrived with 25 miles left. Cruise control was at 70mph most of the way, except over the Grapevine (65 mph). YMMV.

I was able to drive from Indian Wells to Tejon Ranch yesterday (without stopping by Hawthorne). I started with 270 miles of range and arrived with 25 miles left. Cruise control was at 70mph most of the way, except over the Grapevine (65 mph). YMMV.

Laurent, inspired by your drive I tried it from LaQuinta, which is probably about 10 miles further out than Indian Wells. I ended up stopping at an L2 charger and adding a few miles before going through the grapevine, but I could have made it (barely) and would have arrived with 5 miles left (and one angry wife ;)). Unfortunately, the wind was a big factor for me leaving Palm Springs and caused me to use way more energy than I had expected. Details in this thread: Spring Break Travel Journal

Laurent, inspired by your drive I tried it from LaQuinta, which is probably about 10 miles further out than Indian Wells. I ended up stopping at an L2 charger and adding a few miles before going through the grapevine, but I could have made it (barely) and would have arrived with 5 miles left (and one angry wife ;)). Unfortunately, the wind was a big factor for me leaving Palm Springs and caused me to use way more energy than I had expected. Details in this thread: Spring Break Travel Journal

Making your trip in reverse in oct., which L2 charger did you use, mid-way, tho i dont thnk i will need it, as only going to Monterey Ave, PD. and winds will be in our favor. Oops, i see it.