Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don’t overlook Tesla Store Events

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has started hosting various Events advertised on their website (or maybe I just never looked for them in a while). As a Model 3 owner I received an invite by email and then noticed more Events listed in our area at different locations.

A couple weeks ago we attended a Workshop at a local Tesla Service Center for Maintenance at Home for DIYers, geared towards Model 3 and Y owners. Simple stuff like washer fluid and wipers but it also included showing how to change your air filters. (Demo’d on the cars). It was well attended and they raffled off products. Third place received a set of wipers for your car model, second place received the wipers and air filters, first place received the wipers, air filters and a Tesla DIY tool kit. Everyone received a Tesla micro cloth for changing out their wipers and not scratching the windshield. They had the CyberTruck on display and a look inside the new Model 3 inside the service center.

I noticed the other day our area had several events where Tesla engineers were going to be available to ask questions. Signed up and went today. Bonus was we got to sit inside the CyberTruck, about 5 were there on the lot and several open to inspect. A few owners got theirs delivered. CT is Very comfy really! We also got to climb into the Semi that had been driven there. Very cool. Probably only time I’ll be in one. Their Solar booth was there, Superchargers were represented. Got to see the new color wraps Tesla is offering for Model 3 and Ys. Loved the new blue, they had a dark green and bronzy? color. Very interesting afternoon.

IMG_7873.jpeg

IMG_8745.jpeg

IMG_8748.jpeg

IMG_8744.jpeg

I attended one of these DIY service workshops after receiving an invitation a couple of months ago. I already knew how to do everything they demonstrated, but I figured I'd see what it was all about and it was nice to meet some other Tesla owners and exchange stories. We didn't receive any swag. The employees were very friendly and helpful. They put forth almost zero effort in selling anything (accessories, maintenance items, or vehicles). Twice, one of them mentioned that they had a 2024 Model 3 available for test drive, but none of the approximately two dozen Tesla owners who attended took them up on that offer. That was the first such event at this particular (and very small) service center. They had a Cybertruck hidden away in the shop that we got to look at - it was the first one any of us had ever seen in person and quite a surprise given that production was nowhere near what it is today. After realizing that there were no S/X owners in attendance, the employee said they held seperate events for owners of those models. I guess they didn't want royalty mingling with us peasants. ;)

Other than visiting with some other Tesla owners (I had never met another Tesla owner other than my brother-in-law before this), I didn't see much value in the event. They showed the same videos and read the same instructions that are available on Tesla's website. I suppose meeting the people who would be servicing my Tesla if the need ever arised was slightly comforting from the standpoint of being able to associate a few human faces with the company. As luck would have it, I hit something in the road and ruined a tire a few weeks later and had my first tow and Tesla service experience. The service center scratched the wheel and agreed to have it refinished, but only after I kept pushing for a resolution.

More recently, I visited the service center to order the parts for a HomeLink self-install. Surprisingly, they had all the parts in stock and undercharged me for them. The parts were relatively easy for me to install, but unfortunately, I was unable to complete the HomeLink retrofit routine in service mode due to an "unauthorized configuration change" error message. I requested service and expected to receive a ridiculous estimate. To my surprise, they sent a mobile technician to my workplace to update the vehicle's configuration using their laptop at no charge. Equally impressive was that the technician wiped his fingerprints off of the vehicle after he was finished even though he had no idea I was watching through a dark, mirrored window at my office. "Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching."

I realized when at the Maintenance event that it had been a while since my wiper blades were changed and they had been streaky. Actually can’t remember when I ever changed them 🫣 so since I was in the area today I stopped in to buy a pair and DIY. Service had them in stock and I had mentioned I had attended the Maintenance workshop. They said great, and part of attending was they would comp the labor and they replaced them pretty much on the spot for me (although I’m sure I could have done it on my own 🤣). Topped off my washer fluid and asked about checking tire pressure ( I do mine own with tire inflater I have). But very impressed. Didn’t ask and didn’t need but wondered if they would have replaced my AC filters and comped labor for that as part of the workshop attendees. Just had done last year. I guess I should have paid closer attention to all they said about service during the workshop. Don’t know if every location does this but I thought it was great all the same.

The workshop mentioned an AC coolant refresher which is recommended after x amount of years and I’ll do that soon before Summer. First time since 2018 needing to do that. Cleans out the coolant line. My cabin overheat came on yesterday and today so temps are warming up and good time to do. That’s a shop visit btw.

Here’s what I saw today while at service getting my wiper blades.
IMG_8930.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: tm1v2
Now back in 2017 after my husband had ordered his 2017 MS AWD, they gave out thank you bags back then, we attended an Event at a large Tesla store in an affluent shopping center. They were showing off their MS and MX line. Very well attended and they also did a raffle. I won the grand prize for that one - use of a MS 100D or MX for a week. Vacationed down the Central Coast with it. That was when seeing a new Tesla driving by was rather more a unicorn thing and fun. I am amazed in a way how many I see now on any trip from home around town. When we returned the car I ended up ordering my Model 3 which still was site unseen and not being delivered yet. I was pretty much at end of that early first order line since I wanted the LR AWD version. So now that they are back to doing Events you never know what attendees might experience if you go.

Last edited:
Reactions: tm1v2
Was this in the Bay Area? Did Tesla do this in the past?

I attended one to learn how to change the air filters and windshield wipers. Definitely useful as there were some tips I did not know about.

For the price Tesla charges for the air filters I'm not sure if it would be worth my time to do it on my own since 1. I do not have the tools 2. the cost isn't too high since it includes the price of the air filter.

Tesla does not disinfect the air filters when replacing which is something to consider if you are booking the service.

The event was pretty unorganized which is not unexpected from Tesla. Overall kind of worth is since I got to drive the new highland for a test drive.