Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Demo car has scratches

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grow up and be less pompous. Go use facts instead of making stuff up.
This is rich, coming from the guy that just literally made up a law or rule that apparently prevents Tesla from leasing demo vehicles. You are just manifesting things from thin air.

New vs used vehicles are very well defined and regulated terms based on title/ownership history. There is no ambiguity. New cars have never been titled. Used cars have.

Any other distinctions or semantics you have invented like “punched titles” are meaningless and demonstrably wrong for the purposes of this discussion. You have simply made them up.

Tesla demo vehicles are new in the eyes of the DMV, banks, and any other regulator or party of consequence. For the last time, there is no ambiguity here.

Reactions: Skavatar
There is LOTS of data showing that DEMO cars last 50%. Typical DEMO cars got about 5000 miles on them.
Please link or share this data from reputable sources.
You are wrong about your idea with 'unfamiliarity". This is the same scenario with rental cars.
Unless you’re doing an overnight demo, you’re driving a demo for 20-30 mins. Most people who test drive have never driven a Tesla and are just getting a feel for it. They aren’t beating on the demo for 30 mins. Sure they will have dings and scratches from all the people getting in and out. But you can’t compare a demo vehicle with a rental car. When I say rental, I’m talking about Hertz, Alamo, etc.., not a Tesla loaner car.
DEMO cars are ABSOLUTELY USED. Look up any in the Tesla inventory. The cut off for USED is 500 miles. ANY DEMO car in the Tesla inventory that has over 500 miles can NO LONGER BE LEASED.
Demo cars are absolutely not used legally. They have never been titled or registered, so they are not used. Your registration and title will be for a new car. Your loan paperwork will be for a new car loan with new car rates.
I don’t understand why you link the ability to lease a car with the determining factor of it being new or not. You realize you can lease used cars right? Some dealerships will lease you a CPO. Does that make the CPO a new car because you can lease it?

This is rich, coming from the guy that just literally made up a law or rule that apparently prevents Tesla from leasing demo vehicles. You are just manifesting things from thin air.

New vs used vehicles are very well defined and regulated terms based on title/ownership history. There is no ambiguity. New cars have never been titled. Used cars have.

Any other distinctions or semantics you have invented like “punched titles” are meaningless and demonstrably wrong for the purposes of this discussion. You have simply made them up.

Tesla demo vehicles are new in the eyes of the DMV, banks, and any other regulator or party of consequence. For the last time, there is no ambiguity here.
I prevented Tesla from leasing DEMOs? That's cute. Keep avoiding the topic and the facts. I also appreciate you giving me credit for coming up with automotive financing options. Good luck leasing that "new" demo.

I love all the hate from all of the "deal shoppers". Sorry to crap on your parade, but you get what you pay for...

• Disagree
Reactions: ucmndd
Please link or share this data from reputable sources.

Unless you’re doing an overnight demo, you’re driving a demo for 20-30 mins. Most people who test drive have never driven a Tesla and are just getting a feel for it. They aren’t beating on the demo for 30 mins. Sure they will have dings and scratches from all the people getting in and out. But you can’t compare a demo vehicle with a rental car. When I say rental, I’m talking about Hertz, Alamo, etc.., not a Tesla loaner car.

Demo cars are absolutely not used legally. They have never been titled or registered, so they are not used. Your registration and title will be for a new car. Your loan paperwork will be for a new car loan with new car rates.
I don’t understand why you link the ability to lease a car with the determining factor of it being new or not. You realize you can lease used cars right? Some dealerships will lease you a CPO. Does that make the CPO a new car because you can lease it?
I didn't say you can't lease a used car. I said TESLA doesn't lease USED cars. You chose to avoid the topic and won't address why Tesla doesn't lease DEMOs if they can. They aren't a bank so they would LOVE to lease it after they used it. What dot are you failing to connect?

I didn't say you can't lease a used car. I said TESLA doesn't lease USED cars. You chose to avoid the topic and won't address why Tesla doesn't lease DEMOs if they can. They aren't a bank so they would LOVE to lease it after they used it. What dot are you failing to connect?
And the world is flat too right? Not even worth it anymore. Apparently you know more than @ucmndd and I.

And the world is flat too right? Not even worth it anymore. Apparently you know more than @ucmndd and I.
Facts don't hide. Faith does. If you had facts, you'd share them. Like FACT; you can't lease a DEMO Tesla. There, now you try. If you and your buddy don't know enough to bother sharing something besides snide remarks, then sure, I know much more. Not a little, but much. If you believe every rationalization posted on the internet, everyone in this forum knows more. That was easy. I was wondering what the disconnect was, but now I get it.

• Disagree
Reactions: ucmndd
i bought a demo with 1297miles. Tesla says its "New-Previous service/Demo vehicle"

they even replaced the two right wheels that had curb rash, and the front bumper that had two deep gouges for free during delivery like it was a new delivery.

demo.png

Reactions: Kairide
i bought a demo with 1297miles. Tesla says its "New-Previous service/Demo vehicle"

they even replaced the two right wheels that had curb rash, and the front bumper that had two deep gouges for free during delivery like it was a new delivery.

View attachment 1049206
Thanks for confirming and proving with first hand experience that a demo Tesla is sold as new.
It’s not about faith, it’s about reality.