Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had an oddball thought.

What if Tesla announces new prices for the Cybertruck in DOGE to avoid having to worry about inflation. Be ready to pay 350k DOGE for dual motor Cybertruck
I think elon stated the first trucks will be the quad motors
Any news on pricing?

Not really.

Just this... which means whatever you want it to mean.

I doubt they are going to announce any more specific details until they have an idea when production start is. I don't think Tesla or Musk are willing to commit to anything one way or another until they have this in the bag.
Musk stated that 2022 would focus on production and not new models.
With inflation at levels unseen since the 1970s as well as supply problems they won’t be talking pricing for sometime.
My guess not until Q4 at the earliest

I don't mind the longer length. The main dimension that is a deal maker/breaker for me is if I can lay 4x8 stock down flat in the bed with the gate and tonneau closed. It will replace my 1996 K2500 Suburban which can do that (carry a stack of plywood with the gate closed) . I really hope this is one of their must-do design criteria.

Tesla's greatest competition is from hypothetical vehicles that are due to arrive in 3 to 5 years.
You do realize that, while not many, there are Rivian R1Ts in the hands of owners? Also, you know the Lightning has started production with the first to be available in 3 months? I don't know what you mean by hypothetical. Perhaps you can enlighten?

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi
You do realize that, while not many, there are Rivian R1Ts in the hands of owners? Also, you know the Lightning has started production with the first to be available in 3 months? I don't know what you mean by hypothetical. Perhaps you can enlighten?
Maybe he thinks the definition of hypothetical is: produced in decent quantities?

Reactions: WhiteWi

If you assume for a moment that Tesla is going to ship the Cybertruck somewhat close to what they promoted at launch.

What other truck out there has a cargo capacity remotely close? Or potential range which is remotely close?

Of course… this is itself all supposition since the Cybertruck itself is clearly in flux and itself not won’t see the light of day for at least 9 months.

If you assume for a moment that Tesla is going to ship the Cybertruck somewhat close to what they promoted at launch.

What other truck out there has a cargo capacity remotely close? Or potential range which is remotely close?

Of course… this is itself all supposition since the Cybertruck itself is clearly in flux and itself not won’t see the light of day for at least 9 months.
Yes I realize the cyber truck doesn’t exist at the moment. im not sure we’ll see it in 9 months. I’d love to buy one at some point if they deliver close to the promise.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3

oh yeah... that 300miles+ range super capable stainless steel full size truck for $11k *less* than a Model Y ...

Speaking of pricing… Tesla bumped the cost of almost all their cars by $3,000+

Reindexing expectations for dual motor Cybertruck to be similar price to the Model Y AWD LR pricing. :( Anything below that will be a special surprise (not holding my breath).

Just so much crap in the world lately. Feels like it was announced 20 years ago not 3.

Last edited:
Speaking of pricing… Tesla bumped the cost of almost all their cars by $3,000+

Reindexing expectations for dual motor on the Model Y AWD LR pricing. :( Anything below that will be a special surprise (not holding my breath).

Just so much crap in the world lately. Feels like it was announced 20 years ago not 3.

Tesla literally can’t build them fast enough. The price hikes are market-based, and I expect will drop when production and supply catches up.

With 1M+ Cybertruck pre-orders, Tesla could probably charge whatever they wanted. However, that would risk customer backlash (“The Rivian Effect”).

Tesla literally can’t build them fast enough. The price hikes are market-based, and I expect will drop when production and supply catches up.

With 1M+ Cybertruck pre-orders, Tesla could probably charge whatever they wanted. However, that would risk customer backlash (“The Rivian Effect”).
I’m not so sure this is just demand driven any more.

Musk just commented about Tesla getting hit pretty hard with inflationary pressure.

I have a little hope that you are right. Just seeming like it’s a vanishing hope.

I’m not so sure this is just demand driven any more.

Musk just commented about Tesla getting hit pretty hard with inflationary pressure.

I have a little hope that you are right. Just seeming like it’s a vanishing hope.
this is largely inflation and parts shortage driven... plus added uncertainty about nickel and other commodity prices.

we can't pretend that all other OEMs/dealerships are hiking prices because inflation ! chip shortage ! greed ! - but - when Tesla hikes their prices every few weeks it is only because "demand is through the roof".

Reactions: AquaY
You do realize that, while not many, there are Rivian R1Ts in the hands of owners?
As Elon noted, Tesla could build Cybertrucks for a million dollars each, and sell them at a staggering loss. Many expect that's basically what Rivian is doing: building prototypes the expensive way just to get something out the door to say "see? we're producing!".

Playing "yes, but" games is annoying. For most practical purposes, Rivian isn't selling trucks in the mass-produced for-profit colloquial definition of "selling".

(Reminds me of when Microsoft first stepped into the mobile phone market: they spend $500,000,000 on developing the Kin, and sold 500 of them. Yes, 500. Price around $100 each, cost MS $1,000,000 each. Product line terminated after a month.)