Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Get over it guys. If Tesla announces this edition of a CyberSportscar, we will all line up again to put down our $250 ordering fee.
View attachment 1008319
That does look pretty sweet. But I would not. I'll do what I did in October. Buy a low mile, couple year old one, that was made after they've been producing them for a few years. Firmly through the bathtub curve, no longer directly give my $$$$$ to Tesla and wait until all the jank is worked out (well at least most of it).

The only Tesla product I pay for now is when I supercharge once every month or two. And I have that on a Privacy card limited to $20 a transaction.

Last edited:
Munro is a shill. He's a consultant. He's not going to say anything Elon wouldn't want him to say.
I'd say he's more of a realist than a shill but yeah, he does gush a bit too much about Tesla egineering.

Also he comes at everything from a cost perspective. And that perspective is often at the cost of the customer experience.

No springback issues to see here…

Yup, that's exactly what I was talking about.

$100k and $120K Vehicles being delivered like this.

Yet the Fanboys will say: "Set a Service Appointment and they will fix it" like Tesla is a Startup... smh

You know what the service center was worried about before delivering this to the customer? The Hubcaps ..... no joke, go read the thread smh

No springback issues to see here…
lol... the owner rates fit and finish as "A-" in his posting with some "smaller panel gaps". LOL.
that panel gap is so large you can probably stick an entire hand in and see behind the panel....

is Tesla hand-picking who is receiving a Cybertruck at this moment and the NDA requires being completely delusional?

Yet the Fanboys will say: "Set a Service Appointment and they will fix it" like Tesla is a Startup... smh
They probably can't even fix it at the service center! What are they going to do, sledge hammer it in to place? The panel would need to be completely removed, then bent past its plasic deformation point to account for the springack to its correct position. OR just completely replace the panel with a new one (good luck getting one of those in the next 120 days).

This is the issue with 3XX SS, it's a difficult material to work with. I'm sure Tesla will eventually figure it out, but it's not going to be straightforward. I would expect to see a lot of this in the coming year or two.
is Tesla hand-picking who is receiving a Cybertruck at this moment and the NDA requires being completely delusional?
I think they stopped handpicking and are going by RN position now. They dropped the NDA after (justified) backlash.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
They probably can't even fix it at the service center! What are they going to do, sledge hammer it in to place? The panel would need to be completely removed, then bent past its plasic deformation point to account for the springack to its correct position. OR just completely replace the panel with a new one (good luck getting one of those in the next 120 days).

This is the issue with 3XX SS, it's a difficult material to work with. I'm sure Tesla will eventually figure it out, but it's not going to be straightforward. I would expect to see a lot of this in the coming year or two.

I think they stopped handpicking and are going by RN position now. They dropped the NDA after (justified) backlash.
Apparently you just hammer it from what people who claim to work for Tesla say.

Munro certainly favors Tesla, but he does go against them...like when he said in 2 different videos that the CT is not an exoskeleton or that the QA/fit and finish on Teslas were poor to Elon.
Yeah I've noticed he's been favoring Tesla more and more over the past few years - it's getting worse over time in other words. I think more and more of his revenue streams are Tesla dependent - which means he's going to do this because not doing so affects his wallet. This is the same problem I have with most of the YT base - they are largely or entirely dependent upon their social media Tesla reporting - which means they are much less likely to report on things objectively since the vast majority of their paying subscribers via Patreon are from the alpha early adopter fanboy base. It has become an echo chamber for the most part. I used to routinely listen to 8-10 YT Tesla channels - I'm now down to only two that haven't sold out completely.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve

Finally, maybe some "real" deliveries to "real" people (and not shills and employees (which, technically, are shills)). However, Elon just sent Sandy "Shill" Munro two cybertrucks to tear down.... yeah, we can believe any and everything Sandy may say about them - after he accepted Elon's "gift"... 🤣 🤣 🤣 😞

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Yup, that's exactly what I was talking about.

$100k and $120K Vehicles being delivered like this.

You know what the service center was worried about before delivering this to the customer? The Hubcaps ..... no joke, go read the thread smh

Par for the course - just wait until they start delivering more of these in mass. I hope all of the people who bought these early vehicles (and who praised their glory here, profusely, prior to purchase) keep their post delivery whining off of the forum as they had plenty of member input/warning prior to making the purchase.

Panel fit issues are one reason why you don't want to buy a vehicle during its first year of production. One common problem is the fasteners not holding properly, which is sometimes only fully corrected by a fastener redesign. The SC may indeed try to repair by hammering back into place, but if the issue is inadequate fasteners combined with panel spring-back, a good repair will be challenging. We'll need to see what the other early deliveries to "real folks" looks like.

CT Forums members are now justifying the CT Panel gap as normal lmao…… they are saying “its a car not a Swiss watch” Some even suggest future owners need to find work closer to home so they don’t have to Tow 🤣

What’s crazy to me is the CT doesn’t have AP or FSD available and the excuse is all the “new” tech…..

What has Tesla been doing all this time? You mean to tell me after 4 years they couldn’t calibrate AP or FSD to be ready at release?

CT Forums members are now justifying the CT Panel gap as normal lmao…… they are saying “its a car not a Swiss watch” Some even suggest future owners need to find work closer to home so they don’t have to Tow 🤣

What’s crazy to me is the CT doesn’t have AP or FSD available and the excuse is all the “new” tech…..

What has Tesla been doing all this time? You mean to tell me after 4 years they couldn’t calibrate AP or FSD to be ready at release?
Yep, the devotionalist idiocy runs wide and deep.

I would define that answer as someone spending countless hours/days on multiple forums posting mass negative BS when they Clearly have NO interest in the product other than to crap on others for their personal interest. That would be Crazy….

Nah, it’s crazier to accept said 6 figure subpar product……..

Good thing I’ve never posted anything Negative about the CT except what is out there and what it is….