Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck Image Leaked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in the first delivery batch of model 3 LR AWD back in Sep 2018, I had the OEM tires removed and put winter tires on. I was able to get a 2nd set of model 3 take offs in ~Jan 2019 that I had the OEM MxM4s mounted on for summer. I imagine take offs will be available fairly quickly. I drive all over AK and like you I’m ok not having a spare on the 3.

As for a model 3/S being city cars. I’ve driven both all over most of the paved road system in AK (and my S was a early 240 mile base model) with no superchargers of any type in the state. Obviously super chargers would make the longer stretches easier (as in the ~400 miles from Anchorage to Fairbanks). But completely doable charging at RV sites.
Should have thought about what people think of when they hear “City Car”.

I just mean they are unlikely to spend a bunch of time on chunky forest roads or off-roading. Both the 3 and the S are awesome for cross country driving on pavement.

Reactions: JRP3 and coleAK
A veritable flood of new “Spy” photos today. Here’s a different source, different angle…. Two trucks in the same shot.

1646093312895.png

Clearly doing some significant work to the one in the back.

All these sightings should put to bed the idea that the Cybertruck is on the backburner.

Last edited:
given that Panasonic won't *begin* new cell generation production until March 2024... they have time to test more... My bet is it won't ship in volume until late 2024
Tesla should be shipping 100 GWh of cells from Austin by early 2023. That's enough for 250,000 of the biggest Cybertrucks and 600,000 Model Ys.

If there is a holdup, it'll be in the Texas plant, not from Panasonic. Except perhaps as a back-up plan in the event Texas is too slow ramping up.