Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber(nota)truck even more Not a truck than I first thought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh puh-leez! The anger comes from Tesla owners that were excited about the CT only discover it's one big turd.
I brag on my Y all the time as it is the best car I've ever owned.
The Cyber-turd is a big step back for Tesla and the sad part is that Elon knew it was going to be a turd but made it anyway.
Agree 100%. No complaints with my MY.... The CT is as you say - A soon to be obsolete Turd. Obsolete because Tesla will re re re fresh it many times over the next two years, rendering today's high priced Founder's Editions depreciating like a MoFo.

hahahahaha . What? Did I hear that right?
"Off Road Adventure Vehicle" is what Elon now calls the Cyberturd in China. It is reasoned that he is doing so because... he knows a name is just a name, and he wants to position the truck in the mind of his Chinese buyers as, get this, The Cybernotatruck.
hahahahaha. Now that's funny. He calls this "Cyberturd" a truck when he is shilling it to 'mericans. and as an "Off-road Adventure Vehicle." Tesla goes so far as to separate themselves from the "Cybertruck" name on purpose.
Why? Because "trucks" are have limited access to some of the major cities in China. In other words he's more than willing to give the Turd a name that will sell it, and recognize that a name isn't in any way shape or form signifying what the vehicle actually is but what will sell it the most. Which is EXACTLY what I have stated for years. They called it a truck in the USA because they wanted "truck buyers" to consider it and feel more comfortable buying it because after all it clearly says "cyberTurd" right there in the name.
Elon never saw this turd as a truck. He spent zero effort making it a truck. He put all the effort in to making it a big azz van with crappy storage. Vans aren't S3XY though.
Keep on believing, fanboys.

Like "FSD," which is anything but "FSD".... A Charlatan at work, that one....

Agree 100%. No complaints with my MY.... The CT is as you say - A soon to be obsolete Turd. Obsolete because Tesla will re re re fresh it many times over the next two years, rendering today's high priced Founder's Editions depreciating like a MoFo.
The real worth of a "FLounder Edition" will be the badge if we are lucky and Tesla does put its weight into redesigning the Cyberturd.
The Flounder Edition of the Cyberturd will have the same status in the future as the original vette. But then again Elon showed signs of abandoning the Cyberturd line before he brought the first one to market with his quip about "if it doesn't sell we'll make a "real" truck."
This was an amazing looking car too....

Like "FSD," which is anything but "FSD".... A Charlatan at work, that one....
Nope. You keep calling him a charlatan, and I'll keep stating he is not. And FSD is no different than "Auto-pilot." If you were around back then there were stories coming out on a regular basis of wrecks caused because of the name "Auto-pilot." All of them were the same story. But my favorite was the guy that set his van to auto-pilot and then climbed in the back to sleep. He lived to tell the tale.
Just in the Cyberturd Musk brought full 48 volt architecture and real four-wheel steer-by-wire. And FSD is further than any other company has done in the field, and has the right course and resources to be achieved. My wife is in AI at Sony. She talks of how AI isn't really Intelligence, and she doesn't see the path. But AI is so powerful even in its current rendition that she feels those smarter than her will master it. And she believes having the largest data set like Telsa is the solution.
And me? I just watch FSD videos on Youtube, and see real progress. Not in what I see, but in comments not about the progress because those are jaded. But yesterday two Youtubers were talking about version 12. And when the subject was on how much better one of them's Cyberturd's ride felt so much more luxurious than their Model X. The Test driver of Version 12 said that's how he feels when he drives someone else's Tesla without FSD.
FSD version 12 does enough now that it makes driving much better for those that use it. And with the consistent and frequent improvements Tesla is proving that they are "solving" FSD.

Nope. You keep calling him a charlatan, and I'll keep stating he is not. And FSD is no different than "Auto-pilot." If you were around back then there were stories coming out on a regular basis of wrecks caused because of the name "Auto-pilot." All of them were the same story. But my favorite was the guy that set his van to auto-pilot and then climbed in the back to sleep. He lived to tell the tale.
Just in the Cyberturd Musk brought full 48 volt architecture and real four-wheel steer-by-wire. And FSD is further than any other company has done in the field, and has the right course and resources to be achieved. My wife is in AI at Sony. She talks of how AI isn't really Intelligence, and she doesn't see the path. But AI is so powerful even in its current rendition that she feels those smarter than her will master it. And she believes having the largest data set like Telsa is the solution.
And me? I just watch FSD videos on Youtube, and see real progress. Not in what I see, but in comments not about the progress because those are jaded. But yesterday two Youtubers were talking about version 12. And when the subject was on how much better one of them's Cyberturd's ride felt so much more luxurious than their Model X. The Test driver of Version 12 said that's how he feels when he drives someone else's Tesla without FSD.
FSD version 12 does enough now that it makes driving much better for those that use it. And with the consistent and frequent improvements Tesla is proving that they are "solving" FSD.
The 🤡 misleads people all the time, branding of features is also so misleading. That's intentional, and Charlatan-like behavior.

I’ve said it since they released the real specs.

The CT is a lifestyle truck (modern El Camino). And competes with Santa Cruz, maverick, ridgeline. But its size makes it less practical than the others.

Tesla would have been way better off if it was maverick/santa Cruz’s sized, since it is more in line with them in terms of capacity.

yes it has a higher payload but will be worse around town and off road.

I’ve said it since they released the real specs.

The CT is a lifestyle truck (modern El Camino). And competes with Santa Cruz, maverick, ridgeline. But its size makes it less practical than the others.

Tesla would have been way better off if it was maverick/santa Cruz’s sized, since it is more in line with them in terms of capacity.

yes it has a higher payload but will be worse around town and off road.
Except for electricians, plumbers, carpenters and other tradesmen who need a pickup truck for work, all other pickup trucks are "lifestyle vehicles". People buy them based on the allure of offroading, pulling boats and trailers and picking up a hefty load of drywall at Home Depot. In reality, the pickup truck is more often and inefficient family van that wastes gas, pollutes the earth and enriches the manufacturer.

Reactions: T3SLAROD and jebinc
Except for electricians, plumbers, carpenters and other tradesmen who need a pickup truck for work, all other pickup trucks are "lifestyle vehicles". People buy them based on the allure of offroading, pulling boats and trailers and picking up a hefty load of drywall at Home Depot. In reality, the pickup truck is more often and inefficient family van that wastes gas, pollutes the earth and enriches the manufacturer.
Many less affluent tradesmen drive old minivans (cheap) and SUVs. There really aren't that many situations where you have to have a "real" pickup truck

Reactions: coleAK and jebinc

Which is why OEMS sell whatever Trim you need, not just the $100k option

Reactions: TessP100D
Many less affluent tradesmen drive old minivans (cheap) and SUVs. There really aren't that many situations where you have to have a "real" pickup truck
Mmm rural folks. The cyber truck is likely not going to be a fifth wheel or gooseneck capable tow vehicle. It would work for some of what the RAM does.
I think as a sport truck used locally for some businesses it is viable. Long distance heavy towing . NO.

Attachments

• 2015 RAM haulling the 550 Ford.jpg
    2015 RAM haulling the 550 Ford.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20231130_200700742.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231130_200700742.MP.jpg
    998.8 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20231228_214746755.jpg
    PXL_20231228_214746755.jpg
    633.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc
I agree this is what I was trying to get at. For the vast majority of truck owners a Santa Cruz (or similar) would fulfill all their “truck” needs. So the CT should have been more Santa Cruz’s sized since it fits in that segment. It could have had a smaller battery, for in more parking spaces, weighted less,…

As for me I tow my camper (7k lbs) 8-10k miles a summer and off road (beyond the capacity of the CT) much of the year. Need a “real truck” for those things but drive my model 3 for everything else.

The Maverick is a popular small Truck. A few of the Farms and Ranches around here use them for very light duty work. They use the larger Trucks for everything else. I see 3/4 and One Ton Trucks driving around with no Trailers but from Friday through Sunday they are Towing something. I see quite a few Flatbeds towing Gooseneck Trailers and 5th Wheel Trailers during the Weekend. I saw today that the Vet I use had a Trailer with 2 very pissed off Bulls in it. Would not want to tow that Trailer with a Santa Cruz or a Maverick.

Reactions: 455dan
I agree, and was the first thing I thought when my cousin showed up at my house last Sunday in her Founders CT: it’s not a truck.

But:
For me, someone who drives 60-160miles a day for work on horrible roads, rail yards, stone quarries, ect, CT will be a pleasure to drive. And it does drive extremely well. The air suspension is plusher than any other cars I’ve owned on air. Steer by wire is very cool, and takes some getting use to. The cabin was totally silent, no squeaks or rattles (I cannot say the same for my 2023 Y). Interior is great. Doors are like 10inches thick it appears. Very impressive overall.

But, it’s not a truck. You’re not going to haul a mini excavator, 4 place enclosed snowmobile trailer, ect. At least not for very far. I like the fact you can put some weight in the bed, or stuff that’s filthy that you don’t want in the cabin back there. I guess it has its place. I also don’t see $99,990.00, even with all the Founders add-on stuff. 60-75k for an AWD seems more reasonable. Technically, a GMC 1500 Sierra Denali Ultimate w/ 3.0 Duramax is cheaper, and can do more truck stuff.

Reactions: jebinc and coleAK
Don’t care about all this negative ‘turd’ back and forth talk.

Saw a CT live at the SC the other day.
Wow. I say this word not knowing if I mean wow crazy impressive, or wow it’s too polarizing for me. Maybe a combo of both.

It’d far bigger than pictures let on. Longer but not taller. The exterior shape is something right out of madmax movies.
Maybe the stainless steel was half the shock value. If it were painted black or gun metal grey or white, I could see it being a bit less ‘in your face’. Imagine a stainless MS or MX …or any tesla for that matter.

Bottom line../if the interior was more SX like and less 3/Y, I’d probably consider it at the price range. But practically, I’d never fit it into a garage nor park it easily. It’s a beast but something out of 2050+ year era. You have to seriously love sci fi to see this note driveway daily. Lol

Last edited: