Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Charging Stopped" notification on Tesla Y Screen...only happens during non-scheduled charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own a 2024 MYLR. At home, I always plug in to a Tesla Gen 3 home charger at end of day (40a rate). I have the Tesla programmed to begin charging every night at 10:30pm to a maximum charge of 60% (unless expecting to need more range the next day, which I then take to a higher charge state). Never have had any issues. Next morning, charge has always been completed as set. However, if I take the charging off of the scheduled time...for an immediate charge, I always get a "Charging Stopped" notice on the Tesla's main screen. No explanation. Just "Charging Stopped". It will not take an unscheduled charge for some reason. This really concerns me if I plan on making a long trip that will require unscheduled charges on the Supercharger network. Can't figure it out. Garage is attached to the house and ia heated, maintaining a minimum temperature of 50 degrees...highest ambient temps would be in the high 70's (but since I've owned the car since January, we haven't experienced the higher temps yet)...I'm scratching my head here...Any thoughts???

The first question I always ask in threads that come up like this is:

1. Do you have, or have you ever had at any point in time ANY third party apps that have the ability to send commands to your car? This includes but is not limited to apps like TezLab, Stats, Teslafi, Tessie, etc, AND also includes anything you might have signed up for that promised to "help charge at the best time / green charging, etc, like OptiWatt.

This also includes third party chargers that have the ability to schedule charging.

2. In the vast majority of these cases, "something else" is stopping the charging. I would start with whatever you scheduled your charging from, and start troubleshooting from there.

Thanks for the response... In answer to your question: No, I have not signed up or connected with any other Tesla related apps (only this website). Have never charged the MY at any "off-brand" public chargers. Have only used the Tesla Home Charger Gen 3...with great success when scheduled, with no success for immediate charging.

By Gen 3 charger I assume you mean the Tesla Wall Connector? If so, in the Tesla App, select your Wall Connector from the top dropdown. In your wall connector Settings, check the schedule you have set there. Try changing that to see if that helps.