Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot Remote Start HVAC (Turns off after 10 seconds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I experienced this same problem over the last 2 mornings and want to see if anyone else have seen it, and what the solution may be to solve it.

I always start my heater about 15 minute before driving off in the morning using the app. In the past 2 days, I noticed that the HVAC would turn on, but would turn itself off after 10 seconds. I tried it for like 5 times and same results. The car has good connectivity and remote honk works. I then go to the car, unlock it, and then turn it of from the console with (stay on) and it is just fine.

Model S 100D 2017.50.3

Yesterday morning: Not plugged in 68% battery (HVAC turned off after 10s)
Yesterday afternoon: Plugged in 80% battery (HVAC stayed on)
Today morning: Not plugged in 47% battery (HVAC turned off after 10s)

I rebooted the console when I got to work, will see if it is still a problem later.

Yep. We noticed the same issue this morning. Tried from both my wife’s and my phone with no luck. Not sure if it’s not sending the climate start command at all or if it’s sending it and turning itself off after few seconds.

I'm confused. The app has always shown this 'going on' and then 'going back off' for me in 10s
But it's not real. If you just come back in a bit it's really on.

There was a posting about this a while back..something to do with how the app polls the servers.

FYI...