Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buyer Beware- Pimp My EV Vegan Seat Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered custom seat covers based on the color on their website. I thought I was ordering the stitching in “lime” green as that is what their website picture showed. What I received was a darker “forest” green. The two colors are not even close. They responded that “computer pictures don’t represent the true colors and they cannot control variance in stitching”. With it being “custom”, they will not accept the return.
I don’t want to badmouth any company, but wanted people to be aware in case you do order.
IMG_0744.jpeg
IMG_0744.jpegIMG_0743.jpeg

I ordered custom seat covers based on the color on their website. I thought I was ordering the stitching in “lime” green as that is what their website picture showed. What I received was a darker “forest” green. The two colors are not even close. They responded that “computer pictures don’t represent the true colors and they cannot control variance in stitching”. With it being “custom”, they will not accept the return.
I don’t want to badmouth any company, but wanted people to be aware in case you do order. View attachment 1033572View attachment 1033572View attachment 1033573
Challenge it on your credit card.

Reactions: fholbert
Bad news for me. My credit card company states that PimpMyEv provided a service and because they stated they were custom an no refunds on custom, they cannot override the seller. So then I go back to the seller to recoup some of my loss since they offered a small credit and they state they will not credit anything unless I remove all my posts.
Sorry, not going to allow anyone else to get suckered by this company.
I stand by my post, buyer beware! Anyone interested in white vegan leather seats with dark green Tesla logo. I will practically give them away.
Jeff

Reactions: Deaf Paul
Tbf, the website description is "Racing Green" which indeed ranges from "Forest Green, to Darker Green aka British Racing Green", and that's what you got.

Perhaps you should have queried the tone displayed on the website.

Still, the website shows their 'racing green' is lime, which is unforgivable, so have at the Visa chargeback.

Aloha Jeff,

Props to you for standing up to do what’s right and not remove the posts letting us know about Pimp My EV. Screen colors do differ across a range of monitors, but unless your screen is broken, that’s a completely different color that they’re posting on their website.

I’ll DM about the seat covers.

-Paul

Tbf, the website description is "Racing Green" which indeed ranges from "Forest Green, to Darker Green aka British Racing Green", and that's what you got.

Perhaps you should have queried the tone displayed on the website.

Still, the website shows their 'racing green' is lime, which is unforgivable, so have at the Visa chargeback.
File a complaint with the BBB.

Thank you QTown, Paul and NoFlash for your response. QTown, when I actually looked up Racing Green, to my horror, I saw the darker green. I should not have solely relied on the visual and that falls on me.
I really appreciate this forum and for the interaction.
Jeff