Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else thinking about Fire Suppression in their garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the recent spontaneous car fires, not necessarily limited to Teslas (BMW, Hyundai, etc), has anyone thought about retrofitting a fire suppression system in their garage where they park? I'd hate to have a fire overnight or while I was away, especially with pets in their crates at night. Would a water sprinkler system be sufficient or slow the fire down at all? My house has water pipes going through the attic and I'm thinking about remodeling...might as well consider adding a sprinkler system. Thoughts?

I guess I'll have to talk to a fire fighter who has dealt or trained with EV fires, I have a feeling that none of us really know what's effective. As for insurance, I've got home/auto and an umbrella policy, but the idea here to mitigate damage before it's done. There are many things that money cannot replace.

...cools it down a bit. otherwise is someone thinking of a full blown Halon system to suppress the O2 in the garage?
Are you referring those Automatic FE36 Fire Extinguisher?

close-up-jpg.397389

With the recent spontaneous car fires, not necessarily limited to Teslas (BMW, Hyundai, etc), has anyone thought about retrofitting a fire suppression system in their garage where they park? I'd hate to have a fire overnight or while I was away, especially with pets in their crates at night. Would a water sprinkler system be sufficient or slow the fire down at all? My house has water pipes going through the attic and I'm thinking about remodeling...might as well consider adding a sprinkler system. Thoughts?
I would recommend looking at this recent fire, caused by the UPS battery of a home computer server.

Tesla Model S Catches Fire In Toronto Garage - EV Was Not Plugged In

TMC - My Tesla burns in house fire. Sad.