Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Printed Rear Headrest Tablet Holder That Uses Headrest Poles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

I got 2 Samsung A7 Lites for free and decided to do something useful with them.

I wanted a safe and sturdy tablet holder for the rear seats but surprisingly no one makes an aftermarket part that uses the headrest poles for the ultimate rigidity! These things don't move over any bumps, and they have a death grip on the tablet, it's not going anywhere.

So I combined some parts from online to make these:

Original headrest mount that I adapted: Printables
20240404_123642.jpg

20240404_123728.jpg

1712682512314.png

You can use ribbon elbow connectors for USB-C that can completely hide the cables, run them through the seatback covers into the centre console.

I've got Tasker on my phone to turn on a hotspot automatically when needed for the tablets to stream (I have a healthy data plan).

Just an idea if someone else ever wants to accomplish the same thing with their device. Just use this Tinkercad link and combine it with a 3D printable wallmount or case for your device.

Hey Guys,

I got 2 Samsung A7 Lites for free and decided to do something useful with them.

I wanted a safe and sturdy tablet holder for the rear seats but surprisingly no one makes an aftermarket part that uses the headrest poles for the ultimate rigidity! These things don't move over any bumps, and they have a death grip on the tablet, it's not going anywhere.

So I combined some parts from online to make these:

Original headrest mount that I adapted: Printables
View attachment 1036998
View attachment 1036999
View attachment 1037001

You can use ribbon elbow connectors for USB-C that can completely hide the cables, run them through the seatback covers into the centre console.

I've got Tasker on my phone to turn on a hotspot automatically when needed for the tablets to stream (I have a healthy data plan).

Just an idea if someone else ever wants to accomplish the same thing with their device. Just use this Tinkercad link and combine it with a 3D printable wallmount or case for your device.
Why?!

Interesting setup. I like this better than where Tesla put the rear centre screen on the Highland. That thing is too small & too low, and also, kids can't reach it without getting out of their seats (which means complaining to the parents). Also seems like a good way to get motion sick and puke. I prefer the current dumb vents in the Y since there's nothing there for kids to fight over ;) but if I was going to have screens back there, this seems like a neat way to go.

Reactions: ilovecoffee