Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper Blade Replacement Tesla Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought from Aero Wipers for years for my 2018 Model 3's and worked with them to add the correct sizes for 2022 Model Y.

For 2022 Y, the correct adapter is the PTB 16mm (narrow). My 2018 M3 used the 19mm PTB connector. Not sure when they changed it or on which models, but these blades come with both adapters. You should be able to tell any auto parts store this and the length to get compatible blades, but I recommend Aero because you can buy replacement edges from them, greatly reducing costs and waste. No need to replace the bracket unless it breaks.

Also, I live in VT and these work well all year round. I got my Y in December and the wipers immediately failed to clear the cold, salty mist we get from other cars here even on a clear day in the winter no matter how much fluid I used. So, even if Tesla happens to be in stock on these, the OEM part is junk anyway. Maybe they work well if you live in Southern CA?

There is no excuse for this information to not be easily found in the manual. Tesla is so terrible at the most basic custom communication.
Any chance you can confirm 3397014621 is the correct part number for the blades?

The wipers didn't come with adapters, unfortunately. Did some digging and found out that 3397014621 is the correct part number and comes with the correct adapter installed.
I don't believe so. The adapters are for the Bosch Purevison and Bosch Aero wiper blades.

Selling replacement wiper blades for a vehicle is one of the simplest things to do right and somehow Tesla manages to screw it up.

Reactions: HotIce
Update: I called Bosch and spoke to their parts department. They do not recommend any of their products as a replacement and recommend going to the manufacturer. The stock wipers suck. I'm going to see if I can find a slim adapter.

Why does everyone seem to be stuck on Bosch and Piaa? The link I posted on page 1 (post #19) works perfectly and needs no adapters. Mine have been on since last November and have been working well through the brunt of winter.
Maybe because the passenger side XTechnor wiper in the link is sized for a Model 3. The XTechnor blades are 26" and 19" in length. The driver's side blade is the same (26") but OE Tesla Model Y passenger side wiper blade is 20", not 19". The Xtechnor wiper blades appear to be a easy, if not 100 match replacement for the OE Model Y blades.

Reactions: HeyEph
No rocket science with wiper blade length. Measure some for the heck of it and compare that to the advertised length. I measured the passenger side which is 19 1/2". Which way should we round it? Up for a Y and down for a 3? Regardless, the difference in a 19 vs 20 is 1/2' on each end which you will never notice since the overlap on the drivers side is cleaned by the drivers blade with only a 1/2" more being cleaned on the farthest passenger side and in this case it is only 1/4".

Maybe because the passenger side XTechnor wiper in the link is sized for a Model 3. The XTechnor blades are 26" and 19" in length. The driver's side blade is the same (26") but OE Tesla Model Y passenger side wiper blade is 20", not 19". The Xtechnor wiper blades appear to be a easy, if not 100 match replacement for the OE Model Y blades.
Exactly. I needed a 20" on the passenger side. The 0.5-1" difference made a difference to my passengers.

Can you just do blade inserts?

Can you just do blade inserts?
Yes. 6mm. Takes time to install but if you are handy it is not a problem. You can buy 6mm blade refill material in whatever length needed. Also rather than getting some 26 and 2o inch I just get a bunch of 28 in and trim. Cost may be less if you get all the same. I found the best price on 28inch 4-pack. I buy extra and store in plastic back to reduce oxidation.

Any way to get cheap J hoke style replacement wipers to fit? They come with one generic adapter that is not suitable to the Tesla wiper arms.

Keith

PS: Yes, I did a search and I will do another one that includes all Tesla's instead of just the Y to expand my results :)

I got the PIAA 26 and 20 inch blades. It seems that the 20 inch blade is too big for my 2021 and creates a large thunk every time it goes down. It appears the 20 inch blade is hitting part of the hood. I’m going to try a 19 inch PIAA blade (though they seem to be in short supply) and hopefully that will solve the issue. I had to put the original passenger OEM blade for now.

Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet