Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper Blade Replacement Tesla Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla online store sells wiper blades for the Model 3. The Model 3 wiper blades are the same design as on the Model Y. Are the Model Y wiper blades the same size as the blades for the Model 3?

Model 3 Wiper Blades

No information on the length of the blade. No wiper blade offering for the Model Y. I swear Tesla does this crap just to piss people off.
You can purchase replacement wiper blades on the Tesla Shop. The driver's side blade should be 26 inches (650 mm) long, while the passenger's side blade should be 20 inches (500 mm) long. For best results, replace the wiper blades at least once a year.

Reactions: jcanoe
You can purchase replacement wiper blades on the Tesla Shop. The driver's side blade should be 26 inches (650 mm) long, while the passenger's side blade should be 20 inches (500 mm) long. For best results, replace the wiper blades at least once a year.
no need to proactively replace the original Tesla wipers, we have 3x Teslas and each approx 18 months old
amazing blades, the best and lasting
I do have spares in each fronk, just waiting, no need to preemptively do

no need to proactively replace the original Tesla wipers, we have 3x Teslas and each approx 18 months old
amazing blades, the best and lasting
I do have spares in each fronk, just waiting, no need to preemptively do
I have seen many posts from you regarding keeping the OEM wipers and not needing to change them.
Where do you live?
I live in Quebec and after one winter I need to change my wipers no matter what brand they are, we have so much road grime that the rubber will wear down and the blades will streak after one winter, in the summer we use so little the wipers that they would last many many years if that was the only season we had.
So in lieu of this yes if I can get wiper blades at half the price I am all in for it, chances are that they will last as long as OEM's that is one winter.
In the past I tried everything from PIAA to the cheapest I could find and IMHO the BOSH Clear Advantage where the best bang for the buck, but lately they have gone up in price, so next fall I will be looking for alternatives.

What works for me might not work for you and vice versa, it is all about where you live what you do with your car and what you expect from it.

I have seen many posts from you regarding keeping the OEM wipers and not needing to change them.
Where do you live?
I live in Quebec and after one winter I need to change my wipers no matter what brand they are, we have so much road grime that the rubber will wear down and the blades will streak after one winter, in the summer we use so little the wipers that they would last many many years if that was the only season we had.
So in lieu of this yes if I can get wiper blades at half the price I am all in for it, chances are that they will last as long as OEM's that is one winter.
In the past I tried everything from PIAA to the cheapest I could find and IMHO the BOSH Clear Advantage where the best bang for the buck, but lately they have gone up in price, so next fall I will be looking for alternatives.

What works for me might not work for you and vice versa, it is all about where you live what you do with your car and what you expect from it.
Way south of you, NY Metro
Winters are very mild now, not like the old days with slush road grime
The cheapest wipers we have here are the Michelins from Costco
$7 US when on sale

Reactions: alain99