Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla open up the SuC network [in UK]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The recently-opened V4 supercharger at Bromley is now showing as open to non-Tesla's on the Find Us map and app.
At time of writing I think all UK V4's are open to all with the exception of Pease Pottage.
My tally is now 35 UK sites open to non-Tesla's.
Three more V4 sites have opened since Bromley: Kettering, Ipswich and Frankley Southbound. All are open to non-Tesla's (Ipswich was initially Tesla only but after about a month or so it appeared on the Tesla app and website). UK open-to-all total now 38 (out of 133).

So far this year there have also been some V3 site expansions and openings that have remained Tesla only: Gridserve Gatwick, Medway E & W and Birchanger Green.

1710503007584.png

There's been some excellent work by @Sean. on the UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News thread (see post #7,411 onwards), tracking the opening up of a big batch of sites in the last few days. I thought I'd post an updated map in this thread as a reference for tracking the development of the open-to-all Supercharger network. The three green circles are additions since 15th March: Solihull, Annesley & Larkhall V4 sites. The remainder yellow circles highlight existing V2/V3 sites opened up overnight on 28th/29th April with the exception of Bristol - Lysander Road which opened on (or just before) 20th April.

Oxford - Redbridge was initially included but, at time of writing, is no longer on Tesla's app or FindUs map for non-Teslas. I make that 24 additional sites (including Bristol - Lysander Rd). My open-to-all tally is 66 sites (out of 137): 15 V2 + 33 V3 + 14 V4 + 3 V2/V3 + 1 V3/V4.

I've listed the sites below the map; there are also two additions in Ireland: Tralee & Cork.

2024-05-02 FindUs UK Non Tesla changes 50.png

20th April (1)
Bristol - Lysander Road

29th April (24)
Aberdeen (SC)
Amesbury
Bristol - Cribbs Causeway
Camborne
Dartford
Dartford (SC)
Derby
Exeter - Darts Farm
Flimwell
Heathrow - Terminals 5
Leeds - Whitehouse Street (SC)
London - Gatwick (SC)
London - North Greenwich
Northampton (SC)
Norwich (SC)
Nottingham - Victoria Centre
Nottingham (SC)
Perth
Portsmouth
Reading
Reading - Katesgrove*
Sevenoaks
Wyboston

2nd May (-1)
*Reading - Katesgrove not listed as open to non-Tesla.

Given that we got our Model Y in November 2022 and on our first trip to Derby (local) found a guy in a non Tesla using the chargers, I would suggest otherwise!
The FindUs map isn't infallible, but Derby clearly wasn't marked in the screengrab I took on 15th March (post #1,361) . I checked back as far as 2nd March last year and it wasn't showing then. In the past I've occasionally cross-checked against the app and didn't notice Derby showing up either. I presume it's impossible to charge at a V2 (or V3) stall if you can't get a site to appear on the app or website. There are plenty of examples of folk plugging in and pretending though.

Reading Katesgrove is BACK on both Find Us and the Tesla app - for non-tesla cars.

Some weird glitches in the matrix today. Perhaps someone in Texas is having a fiddle as they get marched off site.🤣
Oops my mistake - I mixed up the missing pin, I should have quoted Oxford - Redbridge which you correctly picked up on - that isn't showing in my screengrab. It's a bit of a nightmare to keep track of! The FindUs map has always been a bit glitchy but I don't see any pins near Oxford on the app either.

If the Derby one is the one just off the ring road close to Pride Park, then I’m pretty sure I saw a non Tesla car there just over a year ago. But impossible to tell if they were charging or not. Several instances of non Tesla’s charging (unproven - may have just been going it for clicks) around that time in various social media posts so not an unheard of occurrence at non official sites.

If the Derby one is the one just off the ring road close to Pride Park, then I’m pretty sure I saw a non Tesla car there just over a year ago. But impossible to tell if they were charging or not. Several instances of non Tesla’s charging (unproven - may have just been going it for clicks) around that time in various social media posts so not an unheard of occurrence at non official sites.
that is interesting naming of the location.. it is Derbion car park :D

The FindUs map isn't infallible, but Derby clearly wasn't marked in the screengrab I took on 15th March (post #1,361) . I checked back as far as 2nd March last year and it wasn't showing then. In the past I've occasionally cross-checked against the app and didn't notice Derby showing up either. I presume it's impossible to charge at a V2 (or V3) stall if you can't get a site to appear on the app or website. There are plenty of examples of folk plugging in and pretending though.
Indeed and i've got pics there of people parking non Tesla's and not even bothering to plug in. Such is life. EV Parking spot init fam?! :)

• Funny
Reactions: cezdoc
that is interesting naming of the location.. it is Derbion car park :D
That's the one and we still call it Westfield or Intu. Derbion...stupid name! I remember the charging session well, we went the long way round hunting for the chargers and when parked up watched this guy in a non Tesla enter on level 4 via the back entrance and immediately turn right against the normal traffic direction and park up at the stalls. It wasn't his first time it seemed.

That's the one and we still call it Westfield or Intu. Derbion...stupid name! I remember the charging session well, we went the long way round hunting for the chargers and when parked up watched this guy in a non Tesla enter on level 4 via the back entrance and immediately turn right against the normal traffic direction and park up at the stalls. It wasn't his first time it seemed.
oh, I agree..
For me it is Intu :D

by the way - it is as stupid SC location as Notts at Victoria. Makes absolutely no sense

Reactions: djtaylor
Screenshot_20240502_212404.jpg

There's been some excellent work by @Sean. on the UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News thread (see post #7,411 onwards), tracking the opening up of a big batch of sites in the last few days. I thought I'd post an updated map in this thread as a reference for tracking the development of the open-to-all Supercharger network. The three green circles are additions since 15th March: Solihull, Annesley & Larkhall V4 sites. The remainder yellow circles highlight existing V2/V3 sites opened up overnight on 28th/29th April with the exception of Bristol - Lysander Road which opened on (or just before) 20th April.

Oxford - Redbridge was initially included but, at time of writing, is no longer on Tesla's app or FindUs map for non-Teslas. I make that 24 additional sites (including Bristol - Lysander Rd). My open-to-all tally is 66 sites (out of 137): 15 V2 + 33 V3 + 14 V4 + 3 V2/V3 + 1 V3/V4.

I've listed the sites below the map; there are also two additions in Ireland: Tralee & Cork.

View attachment 1043672

20th April (1)
Bristol - Lysander Road

29th April (24)
Aberdeen (SC)
Amesbury
Bristol - Cribbs Causeway
Camborne
Dartford
Dartford (SC)
Derby
Exeter - Darts Farm
Flimwell
Heathrow - Terminals 5
Leeds - Whitehouse Street (SC)
London - Gatwick (SC)
London - North Greenwich
Northampton (SC)
Norwich (SC)
Nottingham - Victoria Centre
Nottingham (SC)
Perth
Portsmouth
Reading
Reading - Katesgrove*
Sevenoaks
Wyboston

2nd May (-1)
*Reading - Katesgrove not listed as open to non-Tesla.
My guess about Oxford Redbridge is that there is something in the lease agreement preventing Tesla competing with Gridserve for non-Teslas.