Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla open up the SuC network [in UK]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL, seems an extreme response for something which is very arguably "wear and tear". The dealership probably should have calculated the goodwill of a £20 part and you probably should have dissociated the decision of some jobsworth in a delearship from a global car manufacturer.

Where’s the dipstick on my M3? I’ve been searching for hours.

The Model 3 does actually have oil, oil pump and standard looking spin-on filter. If you have a slight oil leak you will spot the traditional rainbow effect on the wet ground where you were parked ... rather embarrassing for an EV driver ... no dipstick but eventually a sensor does point out that you are low on oil ... in my case this warning finally came on the screen as I drove into the Service Centre! (warranty job a couple of years ago) Therefore I recommend people hold off from making disparaging ICE comments when seeing oil deposited on the ground ... it just might be yours ... "I was that soldier"!!

The Model 3 does actually have oil, oil pump and standard looking spin-on filter. If you have a slight oil leak you will spot the traditional rainbow effect on the wet ground where you were parked ... rather embarrassing for an EV driver ... no dipstick but eventually a sensor does point out that you are low on oil ... in my case this warning finally came on the screen as I drove into the Service Centre! (warranty job a couple of years ago) Therefore I recommend people hold off from making disparaging ICE comments when seeing oil deposited on the ground ... it just might be yours ... "I was that soldier"!!
"Just Stop Oil"

(Well, apart from a bit for my Tesla, obviously)

Once had an Audi A2 and the end of the dipstick broke off after about a year, they claimed it was wear and tear so not covered by warranty. Last ever Audi / VAG I will own.
my colleague had Audi A6 I think (it was around 2016 so memory fails) where new car was consuming ~1 l of oil per 1000 miles.

when complained to dealer it was told: Such consumption is Industry Standard...

:D

my colleague had Audi A6 I think (it was around 2016 so memory fails) where new car was consuming ~1 l of oil per 1000 miles.

when complained to dealer it was told: Such consumption is Industry Standard...

:D
I have heard that before. Worst I have had is a 2010 low millage mini which was about 500ml per 1000 miles, Dealer told me anything under 1 litre was considered OK. The difference on a dipstick from full to empty though is only about 1 litre so I had to top it up about every 2K miles which was a PiTa.

I have heard that before. Worst I have had is a 2010 low millage mini which was about 500ml per 1000 miles, Dealer told me anything under 1 litre was considered OK. The difference on a dipstick from full to empty though is only about 1 litre so I had to top it up about every 2K miles which was a PiTa.
even mazda rx8 rotary engines consume less :D

• Funny
Reactions: Sean. and MrBadger