Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Iceland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is expanding in Czech Republic and Iceland

Quote: “According to its career website, Tesla is looking for several service and sale employees for a new store and service center in Reykjavik.”

Yep, there's 5 ads. :)

They're supposed to move in at Krókháls 13, which is a complex of auto dealerships. I visit daily to look for any signs of them. My two best guesses are A) a new lot that there's currently some earth-moving equipment digging around on (although they may just be messing with utilities), and B) a seemingly unused garage and room on the side of the Kia dealership. But I really don't know. No clear sign yet.

Still, if they're hiring, sales are probably only 1-3 months away.

Find Us | Tesla

upload_2019-6-7_14-42-18.png

Reactions: MP3Mike
I'm guessing these are new? :)

Looking around Europe there seem to be a lot more grey dots in Eastern Europe, the Balkans, and increased density in Spain, Portugal Ireland etc but I'm not 100% sure - it could be that I don't really look at the European map much :p

I'm not sure if any of that eastern Europe stuff is new. But the Iceland stuff definitely is!

Tesla officially launches in Iceland - Electrek

Tesla is now officially launching in Iceland with its first (and likely only) location opening in the country and orders for Model S, Model X, and Model 3 can now be placed online.

Iceland is perfect for massive adoption of electric vehicles. The island’s electricity generation is already almost 100% renewable, which makes EVs super clean, and being a remote island, petrol is expensive.

Albeit being sparsely populated with only ~350,000 people, there’s a significant concentration of population around Reykjavík and people have relatively short commutes that can be covered with most electric vehicles.

It helped the country increase EV sales over the last few years and while we are only talking about a few thousand plug-in sales last year, it represents over 15% of total cars sales in the country, which is higher than in most other markets around the world.

Tesla officially selling its cars in the country should help boost the percentage significantly.

The automaker made the announcement last night

<snip>

Last edited:
The Tesla website now shows the new Service Center location in Reykjavik and the future locations of three Superchargers on the Ring Road. Great news for Tesla enthusiasts there! But there is a need for a Supercharger in Akureyri. It’s about 480km from Staður to Egilsstaðir. And someday one in the Hofn area on the South Coast. It’s 379 km from Egilsstaðir to Klaustur. In cold weather that could be challenging, and if you were towing a trailer even more challenging. Still, the three locations shown on Tesla’s map are a good start, and fortunately Iceland already has quite a few CCS chargers all around the country.

058589DD-8D6F-4C4C-B3AE-C604663CAC20.jpeg