Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Gigafactory 1 To Reopen May 4th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
A big step back to normalcy According to reports from ABC NewsNow KOLO8, Tesla is poised to reopen Gigafactory 1 in Sparks, Nevada, on Monday, May 4th. We reported in late March that Panasonic was suspending battery production at the facility due to COVID-19 shut down precautions. Panasonic’s announcement was expected, as it came shortly...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/04/21/tesla-gigafactory-reopen-may-4/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

I don't understand why "This is obviously good news" when workers are flying blind and don't know who are the carriers that might be asymptomatic but can still be a super spreader.

Good news comes when anyone who enters the workplace would be tested to be safe to do so.

Antibody test (blood test) can verify that the worker has been infected with the virus and the body is either actively fighting it or has already fought and won with a certification of immunity.

PCR test (nasal/oropharyngeal swab test) can verify whether the worker still has the presence of the virus or not. If yes, those workers shouldn't go out and share the virus around. If no and with positive antibody then the worker was exposed to the virus and the body must have fought that off nicely in the past with the present proof of antibody and the current absence of the virus.

Also, good news would come when new cases would be near zero as predicted by Elon Musk, but the current numbers are nowhere near that:

vxNwm52.jpg

zAzhUIH.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MassPlay
I'm familiar with stories of Chinese factories that were too eager to open early. Once an employee was found to be infected, they were forced to shut down for an extended period of time.

Under the Chinese system, it was not worth the risk to open while so many people were spreading the infection.

I don't understand why "This is obviously good news" when workers are flying blind and don't know who are the carriers that might be asymptomatic but can still be a super spreader.

Good news comes when anyone who enters the workplace would be tested to be safe to do so.

Antibody test (blood test) can verify that the worker has been infected with the virus and the body is either actively fighting it or has already fought and won with a certification of immunity.

PCR test (nasal/oropharyngeal swab test) can verify whether the worker still has the presence of the virus or not. If yes, those workers shouldn't go out and share the virus around. If no and with positive antibody then the worker was exposed to the virus and the body must have fought that off nicely in the past with the present proof of antibody and the current absence of the virus.

Also, good news would come when new cases would be near zero as predicted by Elon Musk, but the current numbers are nowhere near that:

vxNwm52.jpg

zAzhUIH.jpg
So we should all lock ourselves in the house for the rest of our lives? Because I don’t know if you know this but there are other things out there that can kill you. So why not just stay at home for the rest of your life.

• Disagree
Reactions: MassPlay
So we should all lock ourselves in the house for the rest of our lives? Because I don’t know if you know this but there are other things out there that can kill you. So why not just stay at home for the rest of your life.

That's not the criticism.

The phrase "This is obviously good news" is problematic.

To me, it is not obvious if we just go blind such as blindly taking chloroquine and died or wondering should they take disinfectants into their bodies.

It's a free country so people can do whatever they want but it's unfortunate that some don't follow science or don't get enough knowledge or just never consent to it.

The issue here is: informed and consent.

I used to see rarely anyone wearing a mask in a grocery store but I definitely see a gradual increase to the point that most do now.

Just give people the facts and let people choose.

There's no need to shut down the economy if we respect science.

Taiwan was predicted to have the second-highest case in the world due to its proximity to China but no, it's far from it.

They never shut down their economy: children and adults have been attending schools with no interruptions, restaurants and businesses have been open throughout without any interruptions. Many flights to and from the original infected city Wuhan--No problem!

The result is: It has 429 cases and 6 deaths as of now.

Taiwan's aggressive efforts are paying off in fight against COVID-19

The US is much richer, has many resources, and its citizens have been helping any way they can such as medical worker volunteers and countless sewers who have been volunteering to sew non-medical masks for medical staff, and what's the result?

We have the highest cases in the world 987,322 and the highest deaths in the world 55,415.