Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

teaser photo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also think the X6 looks ugly. But in terms of styling, I think it falls squarely in the love or hate category. There are cars that are almost universally considered ugly (like the Aztec), or beautiful (like an Aston), but the X6 falls somewhere in the middle (esp. given the sales numbers).

As for the segment, the Honda Crosstour didn't do so well despite the similar look.

I haven't seen one in person, but isn't the X6 4-door? How is it coupe-like, is the headroom really low? I know I'm sounding like a BMW-evangelist, but I'm really not (I don't even like the brand personally), just trying to get to the bottom of the "hate", and how that may transfer over the Model X (since I see the X6 as your typical CUV)
Yes it's a 4-door, but in the same vein as the coupe-like 4-doors like the CLS and the Model S. The roof line slopes down in the rear like a coupe.

BMW markets the X6 as a "Sports Activity Coupe":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_X6

When one looks at the roof line in the teaser photo, it is really difficult to see how they can fit three rows in there, and then how those who have seen it, can still describe it as having lots of space. Maybe the perspective is different than it seems. Or it is like the TARDIS in Doctor Who: "Bigger inside". ;)

I've seen maybe 2 on the road over here.

BMW-X6-Facelift.jpg

Wrong diddly wrong wrong.

Rear wheels are weenie.

Aside from the mysterious doors, you can also see the front mouth/nose better now. Gives some hints on vehicle height. Also shows there should be even more frunk storage space.

So how many people will come out of the frunk of the Model X when they do the unveil? 2? 3?

Maybe its got gullwing type doors for the top 2/3rds of it ... and a retracting lower section that recedes into the floor like on a BMW Z1 from the 90's, or acts as a flop-down step !

BiTtEr.jpg

I like the fold down step idea. Something no one has really mentioned before. Could be very practical (although I don't see step height as going to be an issue in this vehicle), and limit the amount of door that needs to raise/swist/spin (or whatever it's going to do).