Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Decatur, GA - East Ponce de Leon Ave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Level 2 / J1772 charging stations continue to be powered off. I did reach out to the City, and after some persistence (no replies, multiple addressees) I did get a response, sort of. This parking deck is NOT city property as I thought. Since it's privately owned they can't give me any information about the project other than what I can find though open records requests, and they pointed me to that process. They wouldn't put me in touch with the property owner or the contractor either.

My next step would be to figure out who owns the property and contact them, but I'm just going to stop for a little while here and see if these lazily resolve themselves over the next few months.
Here are the property owners:

Attachments

• IMG_6169.png
    IMG_6169.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: DangerRuss
Great to have a supercharger in Decatur, GA but watch your time closely. It's in a parking garage on the top deck and the city gives you 30 min free parking but at 31 min they charge the minimum charge of $10+. Keep an eye on the time vs when you got your ticket not when you started charging. You may only get 15 min or so of charging time in the 30 min parking time before incurring a parking charge in addition to the charging cost.

Note that according to a new law (SB 146) passed in the Georgia state legislature this past spring, charging operators can now sell electricity by the kWh. Previously this ability was limited to public utilities (regulated by the PSC), hence the prior per-minute cost structure. The new law went into effect on July 1st.

(I don't think we need to state this in every single Georgia thread here, but I'll post this info wherever someone notes the pricing change.)

So this might have been far more useful 6 months ago when this thing was being constructed, but I am right around the corner from this station.

Wanted to get my name in this thread. Folks could DM if there was some question more serious than how many vehicles are there. I can easily walk over and look.

Thanks all for the leg work here.

-R

Haha, yeah @DangerRuss I coulda used your help last fall and winter when I was dragging over there (not far, really) every week or two to monitor for construction start and then progress.

It would be useful if you could walk by occasionally and see if the Level 2 stations are lit up. That part of the project stalled once they got the superchargers running, and it's important for equity.

Thanks!

Stopped by to check this evening and the L2 J-plugs are not lighted. Clearly if I posted that in here every week I'd just fill the thread up, the way things are going. Decided I'd repurpose my signature for this until it's settled. So if you're curious when I last checked on the J-plugs here in Decatur. Just check my signature. I'll of course post when they go live.

-R

Thanks DangerRuss for continuing to check this routinely. I noted that your signature updates had stopped for about 10 days and so I was going to stop by myself this week, but now you saved me from that detour :) Checking once a week or two is just fine. One of us will probably have to badger the property owner to get it done, though.

On that note, is the property owner someone local that has business hours?
Maybe an exceptionally friendly visit would help.

UPDATE: No, I see the Miami address. That's discouraging. Unless maybe we can find the SC very near the address and engage a local. Hmm.

Last edited:
Closest SC to that Miami address is this guy:

I'm new to this forum and will try to avoid out-kicking my coverage.

I don't think getting someone to walk up to a business in Miami is going to be productive and maybe a little scary. But for the record, the screenshot above says:
DTC Partners LLC
Euclid DTC LLC
9155 S Dadeland Blvd
Suite 1408
Miami FL 33156

Perhaps this parking deck property is paired with an adjacent office building (i.e. same owner) so we could approach that building's management. Can someone (Pluto?) look up the owner of the adjacent buildings and see if it's a match?

That aside, something one of you all could do is use the problem-reporting feature in your Tesla app/account to report a concern about this Supercharger site. Let them know that the Level 2 stations still haven't been commissioned a full six months after the superchargers went online. In your report, please include the fact that these are Tesla HPWC stations and were part of the original project, in case the frontline person's first thought is to blow it off because it's not theirs.

EDIT: Some googling leads me to One Decatur Town Center at 125 Clairemont. I'll visit them tomorrow! If nothing comes of that, I will re-engage with the City of Decatur and see if they'll tell me more.

Last edited:
OK, it took nearly a week but I finally got through to the property owner today. My calls / messages had alerted them to the problem and they contacted Tesla a couple days ago to inquire. These three Level 2 stations were indeed part of the hosting deal, but until my contact they didn't know that they never worked, and of course since the stations aren't listed anywhere (Plugshare, AFDC, etc.) nobody would know they were there and try them. So hopefully this will lead to an improvement in the coming weeks. I'm leaving the country in mid-October; if this still isn't fixed by late October then I will follow up with the property owner again.

It's been a full month so I reached back out to the property owner, and finally got through today. He basically said that he hadn't heard further back from Tesla but "assumed it was working now" and "there had been no complaints". LOL like there had been no complaints for the first six months? :)

Anyway, just to do the due diligence, @DangerRuss can you stop by and do an actual test? Even if the Level 2 stations look like they have no power (no green light), please plug in and confirm. Assuming they are still not powered, I'll call the property owner back and impress upon them that yes this really isn't working. I'll offer to meet them there to demonstrate, but will explain to them how they can tell for themselves, without even needing an EV (just look for green lights on stations).

The other escalation path will be for you all (Tesla owners) to report the problem to Tesla. This WAS part of their project, so they should care too. But first let's just see what DangerRuss's test shows.