Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't want to say it out loud this week but GB just had to spoil it.

If you think Elon Musk is just going to lie down and take "No" votes, you probably don't know him at all. Maybe he'll push that mystery OEM to sign an FSD licensing agreement for a ground-floor rate?
Yeah but every non-vote is a no vote. That makes the bar very hard to clear. So many retail investors doesn't vote ever nor do they even follow their stocks. So Elon can make the stock shoot up as high as he like but there will be a substantial amount of people not voting.

Yeah but every non-vote is a no vote. That makes the bar very hard to clear. So many retail investors doesn't vote ever nor do they even follow their stocks. So Elon can make the stock shoot up as high as he like but there will be a substantial amount of people not voting.
I don't think that is how it works. It's the % of yes vs no OF the total confirmation certs sent out and not of the total # of shares or shareholders. So I don't think a lack of voting YES is the same as a NO vote. There was an article last week on BB about this. I'll see if I can pull it.

thats not relevant. we trade the stock, not the vote. if he manages to jack it up to 210, "its not gonna pass" wont help an ill timed CC.

I may have to call this a dead cat if conditions are met next week.

1. The daily trend resistance at 163.5 has not been tested
2. On the 4H timeframe, a triple short signal was triggered. Every time this happen, even during 2020, the 4H PA had to stall or drop hard until it became oversold. As of this moment, its only neutral.
3. Even though I think good chances we run up next week on some news, ultimately that news wont be material to Q2 ER, which means bull trap.
4. Even if the vote is passed, it still wont affect Q2 ER.
5. Q1 miss was horrible, so any consolidation into end of June should be from above. Question is what price will be the magnet before P&D.
I like this path the most
Messenger_creation_16314ea8-5266-4c2c-86b0-fda4eff8b362.jpeg

This was the plan
1715185852513.png

So the 1st leg obviously drilled lower than originally planned, but not outrageously so.
If you recall, I prepped for and called the 168 bottom the day of, but it still feels very technical and premeditated to me. I cant trust it to be THE bottom yet.
The 2H is almost "cheap" enough. I'd go light on CC into the weekend here.

This was the plan
View attachment 1048263
So the 1st leg obviously drilled lower than originally planned, but not outrageously so.
If you recall, I prepped for and called the 168 bottom the day of, but it still feels very technical and premeditated to me. I cant trust it to be THE bottom yet.

Got it. So take profit as soon as we can and watch out for a rug pull next week either at 180 or close to 188….since this may just a DBC before a further bottom is touch.

Also planning to offload long call if we touch back to 175.

Unless we have some groundbreaking news to overshadowed Q2 this may just be smoke and mirror.

Thanks dl003.

I didn’t even receive an email from my broker to vote my 600 shares deep underwater from my CC selling. I used to have 10 000 shares but converted all of them to LEAPS December 28th. I don’t know if I should call my broker at National Bank direct broker to know how to vote these 600 shares, is it actually going to make a difference

This was the plan
View attachment 1048263
For the countries that report daily deliveries: Scandinavia and Holland, at this point in Q1 it was level with 23Q4, however at this moment in Q2, it's around 15% lower

Of course this can all flip around the coming weeks if a load of ships come in from GF3, but as of now my expectation is that Q2 will be far worse than Q1, and one again asks the question as to where those 50k cars "in transit, will all be sold" blah blah in the earnings call went to...

1716027542138.png

• Informative
Reactions: dl003
I didn’t even receive an email from my broker to vote my 600 shares deep underwater from my CC selling. I used to have 10 000 shares but converted all of them to LEAPS December 28th. I don’t know if I should call my broker at National Bank direct broker to know how to vote these 600 shares, is it actually going to make a difference
I peaked at 11800 shares following various put assignments during the crash of '22

I've also soured on LEAPS, well, they have their place, but you need to ensure you buy at the right moment and sell them when you can

Look for Proxy Material , that's where my voting material was stuffed.

u soured on LEAPS coz TSLA is bearish, AMIRIGHT? (i am thinking to try LEAPS on NVDA CC Straddle)

View attachment 1048307
No, more because I don't like the psychological impact when my portfolio drops 30% in a couple of months... so looking to get out of all my LEAPS, but will roll them forwards until I can, either with a stock rally or just selling weeklies to earn the money back

1716044678715.png

Reactions: Yoona

Worth calling them. They'll give you the control numbers and my Canadian bank told me to vote them here:

They'll send you an emailed confirmation for every account you hold TSLA in; once you have voted.

• Helpful
Reactions: riverFox
I may have to call this a dead cat if conditions are met next week.

1. The daily trend resistance at 163.5 has not been tested
2. On the 4H timeframe, a triple short signal was triggered. Every time this happen, even during 2020, the 4H PA had to stall or drop hard until it became oversold. As of this moment, its only neutral.
3. Even though I think good chances we run up next week on some news, ultimately that news wont be material to Q2 ER, which means bull trap.
4. Even if the vote is passed, it still wont affect Q2 ER.
5. Q1 miss was horrible, so any consolidation into end of June should be from above. Question is what price will be the magnet before P&D.
I like this path the most
View attachment 1048262
In the path that you like, you see it going back to about 156? Did I read the chart correct?

Tim Higgins: How Hard Should Tesla Fight for Elon Musk's Attention? — WSJ​

May 18, 202405:30 EDT

By Tim Higgins

As Elon Musk chases a robot future, the Tesla board is trying to pull off its own breakthrough: time travel.

Specifically, Chair Robyn Denholm is doing her best to put shareholders in a 2018 state of mind as she asks them to re-approve the record pay package given to Musk six years ago — which has since been rescinded by a Delaware judge.

She is also trying to persuade them, in her public messages, that the pay package with its holding requirements motivates the chief executive to "drive the same growth that we've seen over the past five years for many years to come."

The challenge for Denholm and the board is that it is actually 2024. And the vote can also be seen as a referendum on how much Tesla needs Musk going forward — even when he is not 100% focused on the electric automaker.

Rejection at June's shareholder meeting would be a clear signal that investors have grown weary of a less-than-fully engaged CEO — even as he has accomplished incredible things and hit the milestones of the original pay package.

That deal — approved by shareholders in 2018 — was intended, according to board committee notes, to ensure Musk remained Tesla's "fully engaged CEO."

Yet, by some measures, Musk has more on his plate today than he did then — six companies instead of four, with the addition in 2022 of Twitter-turned-X and last year's creation of artificial intelligence startup xAI. Plus, Musk has become more active in contentious social and political issues that are beginning to show signs of turning buyers off to Tesla's core business.

All of which comes as Tesla's growth story has grown murky with pressing competition in China and the company's product road map turning toward robotaxis and humanoid robots.

Musk defenders argue he devotes significant time and effort to the company that reached achievements impossible without his involvement. They say he juggles his multiple companies in parallel and that allowing his extracurricular activities is how the board keeps him engaged at Tesla.

Still, the board is clearly vying to compete for the superstar CEO's attention, raising a question: Does he want to work at Tesla, or not?

Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos eventually stepped aside as CEO and now spends his time pursuing his other interests, including life as a superyacht mogul, keeping swole and tending to the Washington Post and his own outer-space dreams. Other CEOs have juggled multiple businesses or sprawling conglomerates. But when it came to General Electric, for example, there was one share price. In Musk's case, there are five companies outside of Tesla, all privately held.

And the judge in the Delaware case has suggested that Musk should have been motivated by his pre-existing equity stake in Tesla. "After all, he stood to benefit by over $10 billion for every $50 billion increase" in market value, she wrote. "His equity stake was also a powerful incentive to avoid allowing Tesla to fall in what Musk might consider to be incapable hands."

The company argues that shareholders approved the plan, Musk delivered on it, and now it is only fair for him to get what he was promised.

As shareholders reconsider the matter, it is easy to understand why Denholm and the board would want to evoke 2018. In so many ways, 2018 was a simpler time.

Then, the company was a fraction of its current size — in both valuation and sales volume — and there was a real question of whether Tesla could pull off a bet-the-company gambit to bring out a mainstream EV sedan called the Model 3.

The comp plan — including taking Tesla's market value to $650 billion from around $60 billion — was seen as a long shot, especially as the company was months behind in ramping up production of the car.

It was also another era for the entrepreneur — one before Musk had pulled off one of the most remarkable corporate turnarounds in a generation and become, in the process, one of the world's richest men.

It was the era of Elon as the underdog, the guy with a chip on his shoulder trying to prove Motor City and Big Oil wrong as well as all of those short sellers betting — no, rooting — against him.

Hungry Elon; sleeping on the factory floor Elon; staring into the abyss, chewing glass Elon.

There were also echoes of an Elon we know today, one with a wandering sense of imagination, driven to start ambitious new things even if his hands were already full. Then, he had SpaceX and his goal of going to Mars; his brain-computer startup Neuralink and his tunneling company Boring.

Given all of that, it is easy to understand why the board might have felt they needed to make Tesla worth his while, so to speak.

In January, before the judge's ruling, Musk roiled Tesla investors with tweets that suggested he might take his ideas for AI and robotics elsewhere if he wasn't given more control of the car company.

"I'm not looking for additional economics," Musk said. "I just want to be an effective steward of very powerful technology."

Some on the board, according to people familiar with the thinking, feel Musk's tweets were misunderstood. What Musk really intended to say was that he wants new safeguards around the company's AI, which he argues could be dangerous in the wrong hands.

Whatever the case, Musk has created the perception in the market that he has one foot out the door with Tesla's most exciting technologies if he doesn't get his way.

At the same time, Musk needs a successful Tesla. He certainly has other things to do rather than run Tesla, but the core part of his financial empire is based on Tesla's sky-high valuation, which many on Wall Street think would take a big hit without him at the helm.

Because of that, one can't help but think this is all just a giant game of chicken.

During the Delaware compensation trial held in late 2022, Musk reiterated a previous statement that he intended to stay at Tesla for life and confirmed he never intended to leave the company had shareholders rejected the original pay package in 2018.

"You viewed Tesla as part of your family, right?" a lawyer asked Musk.

Yes, Musk responded, he did.

[email protected]

Last edited: