Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit new 2024 steering wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
nice! check out that beautiful stitching on there too! probably wont have concerns with this one peeling.

and it was all free and covered over warrenty? or did you have to pay anything out of pocket?
For the yoke people it's free if you have a peeling yoke. The wheels don't peel, so it's less likely to have a defect that requires replacement.

Tesla charges around $2k to retrofit if it's not a warranty thing. But if you look around ebay, craigslist etc, you can occasionally find the wheel much cheaper. Would require programming, but that can be done.

I swapped my old steering wheel to the "new" yoke about 2 weeks ago, as mentioned, no charge. I lasted about yoke 2 weeks with the yoke and swapped back to steering wheel (new variant, center horn/camera button).

At times the yoke was cool but for me, it felt like I had to put in more "effort" to engage into turns, parking, and city driving (D.C.). Highway driving was less of an issue, for sure. Additionally, there were a few times I felt less confident having to make sudden maneuvers while in traffic, etc.

All in all, just felt it wasn't for me.

However, huge fan of center horn and camera button!

Reactions: csrpenfab